Will Hercules affect the games?

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Did not realize Hercules was the name of the storm. Was very confused.

Yeah, I'm not in favor of giving regular storms hurricane-like names. I know the media love to hype things up but it seems that even some scientists are playing this game. Here in Europe, we had "Xaver" a month ago.

Hercules-in-New-York-Poster.jpg

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
We just had a week of -30 to -50 and snow. You'll be ok guys, just gives you an excuse to stay in and lounge around.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I'm in Atlantic Canada, the roughest December in a while here. January not off to a good start. Makes me think the worst is yet to come.

Stay safe.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
The nws will not name winter storms. Only the stupid weather channel does. I don't know why the media picks it up. It irritates me

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Yeah, I'm not in favor of giving regular storms hurricane-like names. I know the media love to hype things up but it seems that even some scientists are playing this game. Here in Europe, we had "Xaver" a month ago.

Hercules-in-New-York-Poster.jpg

If the storm had the power of Arnold in his prime, then I'd be afraid :laugh:.

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
I honestly thought 'Hercules' was another Pyatt nickname and this was going to be a 'how many goals is he going to score on us tonight?' thread haha

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
Isn't it rather unusual that only Hawaii of the 50 states stays above 32F ?

RangersHank*

People panic when they hear snow. They have no clue what snow is

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So, here in Europe the news are full of the storm Hercules in the US. I'm wondering - now that Bill DeBlasio is warning people from going outside - how will this affect the games in New York and the East Coast in general? Any word on this from the NHL, or is everything just going to go on as normal.

To me there is nothing more ridiculous & moronic than the naming of winter storms. Also, I think that most people could give a rats ass what Bill Deblasio said. They are not going to refrain from going outside because he says it is too cold, they are going to refrain because it is way too ****ing cold for their liking :laugh:

I have been outside half of the night here in Virginia where it is currently 2 degrees with a wind chill of around - 20. Other people? They wouldn't go outside if hotel we were in was on fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad