Will Giordano and Brodie go to the World Championships in Russia?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So far, they have only announced 16 members of the roster. Final roster announcement won't occur until June 1. So we have no idea. My guess would be no to both.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
So far, they have only announced 16 members of the roster. Final roster announcement won't occur until June 1. So we have no idea. My guess would be no to both.

Isn't that for the World Cup?

BT is one of the GM's for for the world championship so would be extremely surprised to not see them at the world championships in Russia.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Eric Francis said during the game yesterday that there's a good chance no one from the Flames goes.

moon*

Seems odd that Giordano wouldn't go considering he may be able to play his way on to the Workd Cup team.

Also would be odd for Hamiltin not to go especially if Brodie and/or Giordano aren't there.

I think if he wasn't going to the Workd Cup Monohan should and would be going.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Seems odd that Giordano wouldn't go considering he may be able to play his way on to the Workd Cup team.

Also would be odd for Hamiltin not to go especially if Brodie and/or Giordano aren't there.

Monahan is already on the North American team. Or is this something different? :laugh:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Why would they want to? If I'm a player, I'd rather have the summer off. Spend time with the family, ect.

I'm also curious as to how players see the new World Cup tournament. It's not the Olympics, will players still be excited to go? Or is it just another World Championship?

Monahan

#YoungMoney
Apr 8, 2014
Vancouver

Monahan won't go because of his contract situation.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011

Family first, according to the article. Makes sense to me.

moon*

Why would they want to? If I'm a player, I'd rather have the summer off. Spend time with the family, ect.

I'm also curious as to how players see the new World Cup tournament. It's not the Olympics, will players still be excited to go? Or is it just another World Championship?

A big reason to go is to boost your stock for Team Canada Olympic team.

Sure Price, Crosby, Doughty aren't going to be left off but if you are a fringe guy like Brodie/Gio and Canada has you ranked pretty close with Burbs/Vlasic/Bouw/Pietrangelo etc. who are they more likely to take the guy who has no experience with Hockey Canada or a guy they have worked with 3 times?

Or if there are questions about how Gio can adapt to big ice it would be nice to have a tournament like Burns had last WHC to point to.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
A big reason to go is to boost your stock for Team Canada Olympic team.

Sure Price, Crosby, Doughty aren't going to be left off but if you are a fringe guy like Brodie/Gio and Canada has you ranked pretty close with Burbs/Vlasic/Bouw/Pietrangelo etc. who are they more likely to take the guy who has no experience with Hockey Canada or a guy they have worked with 3 times?

Or if there are questions about how Gio can adapt to big ice it would be nice to have a tournament like Burns had last WHC to point to.

Wasn't it pretty much confirmed that NHLers won't be allowed to go to the Olympics now?

4Flames

Sep 2, 2015
Canada
I think Brodie will get invited, but I'm not so sure Giordano will. Plus, if Gio does get invited, he'll probably say no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad