Will Dylan Hunter ever make it?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by JamieG, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieG

JamieG Registered User

Home Page:
    I haven't had a chance to follow London closely this year. Can anyone tell me how Dylan Hunter is doing this year?

Last year there was some speculation he would be drafted but then with poor performance killed that.

Anyone think he will ever make it to the NHL or at least with an NHL organization or is the only reason why he's playing is because his dad and uncle run, coach & manage the team?

2. gohabsgo2010

gohabsgo2010 Registered User

He is a horrible, horrible, horrible hockey player. You said it, the only reason he is with the Knights is because of family ties. He may get an NHL try out, simply because of his name, but he is just down right terrible.

3. FearTheFlyers

FearTheFlyers Registered User

Home Page:
    He's better than Logan, that's all I'll say.

4. Buddha

Buddha Registered User

auditer
    Home Page:
    He is not so bad, but tbh he will not play in the NHL except for maybe (and thats a LARGE MAYBE) in a preseason game.

5. JamieG

JamieG Registered User

Home Page:
    That was my impression too, but I heard he improved

When I heard possible draft talk, and at one point I actually heard he might be considered for the Canadian WJ team, I watched him last season and needless to say I was not impressed. And I left with the feeling that the only reason he gets any attention or ice time for that matter, is because of his Dale and Mark Hunter.

But I did hear that he had improved some this year. So I wondered if that was just hype from the Hunter's or perhaps he really has improved, not being drafted can be a major wake up call for some players.

6. JamieG

JamieG Registered User

Home Page:
    Last year or this year?

Are you talking about last year or this year? Because it seems like you're the only one (other than his dad...) that thinks he's not horribly bad.

7. Brock

Brock Registered User

Home Page:
    IMO Dylan has improved this year.

I still don't believe that he has an NHL future, but he's not a "horrible, horrible" hockey player by any stretch. You can't be an atrocious hockey player and be putting up the type of numbers he is this year in the OHL, regardless of who he's playing with.

Logan on the other hand is a different story, he is much worse than Dylan.

8. JamieG

JamieG Registered User

Home Page:
    That's scary

That is somewhat scary, because when I saw them play last year, Logan was actually better than Dylan.

9. CharlieGirl

CharlieGirl Thank you Mr. Snider

Home Page:
    If Dale ends up in Washington (as is rumored), I'd look for Dylan to get a shot with the Capitals. He's nowhere near as horrible as Logan (but I can't think of an OHL player who is), but I can't see him going anywhere without connections.

10. OHLArenaGuide

OHLArenaGuide it's dot com

Arena Guy
    Home Page:
    Logan is a disgrace. Dylan was terrible last year (overweight, lazy, and nicknamed "Pylon" by the Knights faithful) but he's picked it up a lot this year. He'll never be anything but a good ECHLer, but he at least does deserve to be in the OHL.

11. Ruckus007

Ruckus007 Said too much

I hope the OHL fans will pardon my ignorance, but who is this Logan guy and what makes him so bad?

12. Boomhower

Boomhower Registered User

Home Page:
    Logan Hunter, he is Dale and Mark Hunter's nephew and obviously Dylan's cousin. He doesn't even belong in the OHL yet he is often on the PP for arguably (statictically) the best team in the league. Aside from being terrible in every skill aspect of the game, Logan takes tons of dumb and uncalled for penalties that cost London dearly. And no he isn't even a tough guy, just family.......

On the topic of Dylan, he has improved a lot from last year, but there was a lot to improve on. He is now a legit OHLer, but like everyone has said no way the NHL is in his future.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  13. parisefan55

parisefan55 Registered User

What about Rick Steadman? :rolly:

14. OHLArenaGuide

OHLArenaGuide it's dot com

Arena Guy
    Home Page:
    Steadman is a decent defensive forward and he might have a spot on a poor OHL team like Belleville, but he in no way belongs on the Knights.

15. TJF

TJF Registered User

Home Page:
    The only way Dylan Hunter makes the NHL is if Dale Hunter becomes Washington's coach. Other than that, chances are slim and if he ever does play in the NHL, I'll streak on the ice at the Air Canada Center with I love NSYNC written all over my body.

He isn't a horrible player though, just not NHL worthy, he definitely has a lot of flaws in his game but he has improved year by year which is more than I can say about his cousins. He has put up pretty good numbers this season though (54GP 21G 42A 63PTS 43PM). He lacks the mean streak that you'd expect Dale Hunter's son to have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.