Will any team take a chance on David Levin?

WIll David Levin get drafted in the 2018 draft?

• Yes

Votes: 58 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 34.1%

• Total voters

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Can't say I know much about him but just looking at his stats, if he can improve on his season last year I don't see why he wouldn't be a mid round pick at worst

Reactions: Stive Morgan

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't think he was ever viewed as a potential top 5 pick, and he probably wouldn't have gone 1st in the OHL draft if McLeod, Tippett or Vilardi were willing to report to Sudbury. He's always been a fringe first-round contender. He's an undersized winger and the military question hangs over him.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
As a sudbury wolves fan that gets to go to multiple games. I can tell you he hasn't improved and he hasn't been playing very well . If he continues to play as he has been playing he will go undrafted. Tons of talent with lack of compete level.

He's one of those guys. That when he competes he's one of the top guy on the ice but when he doesn't he looks god awful.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I don't think he was ever viewed as a potential top 5 pick, and he probably wouldn't have gone 1st in the OHL draft if McLeod, Tippett or Vilardi were willing to report to Sudbury. He's always been a fringe first-round contender. He's an undersized winger and the military question hangs over him.
I saw NHL.com had him as a Top Prospect, but then again you should never get your information from NHL.com

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I saw NHL.com had him as a Top Prospect, but then again you should never get your information from NHL.com
I think he got a lot of pub because of the uniqueness of his story. He was at best the 4th best 1999 in Ontario and he's been surpassed since. He had a chance to be a top 15 guy, but I'm not sure he was every firmly there. Even at the top of his hype, it felts like Ryan Mcleod, Wahlstrom, Veleno, Svechnikov, Jake Wise, and Dahlin had more hype.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Military service is as big a question as it is for any player from a European country that has mandatory service. I've had friends who are Israeli but had been living in Canada and it was not hard at all for them to get exemptions.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Actually Isreal seems to me to be the country with the most extreme military service requirements and as such is relevant to the discussion of how military service affects value in the draft. Usually when you aren't in the country then it is easy to push back your military service (at least here in Austria). But, depending on country, you might have trouble when re-entering your country to visit the family.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Actually Isreal seems to me to be the country with the most extreme military service requirements and as such is relevant to the discussion of how military service affects value in the draft. Usually when you aren't in the country then it is easy to push back your military service (at least here in Austria). But, depending on country, you might have trouble when re-entering your country to visit the family.

If you defer sure, but really it's not that hard for permenant residents of other countries to get exemptions. I had friends who simply had to provide proof of enrollment in university/proof of employment to get an exemption. They were free to return anytime they want.

Israel has a tremendous amount of citizens who live outside the country. There's no expectation that they'll all return to serve in the IDF. It's not a problem.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Sorry to all for OT:
in Israel that wouldn't be a problem, i agree. I have a Persian friend who is very worried about going to visit the Iran. Not every country is created equally ;)

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
haven't really seen much of this guy - how's he doing this year?

He’s injured out of the year with a knee issue I believe. Prior to that he hadn’t progressed like you’d want. I personally don’t think he gets drafted, he’s going to be a 5 year CHL player, what happens after that is unknown but he’s not developed into what people had hoped when he was drafted. His puck skills are phenomal, unfortunately that stuff doesn’t translate into games and he’s just not built like a pro.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He’s injured out of the year with a knee issue I believe. Prior to that he hadn’t progressed like you’d want. I personally don’t think he gets drafted, he’s going to be a 5 year CHL player, what happens after that is unknown but he’s not developed into what people had hoped when he was drafted. His puck skills are phenomal, unfortunately that stuff doesn’t translate into games and he’s just not built like a pro.
He’s back from injury and playing well.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
He’s back from injury and playing well.

I’m not sure why I thought he was out for the year, clearly that was incorrect. He’s going to be a good Jr. hockey played, I just don’t see any NHL upside there.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I’m not sure why I thought he was out for the year, clearly that was incorrect. He’s going to be a good Jr. hockey played, I just don’t see any NHL upside there.
I’d still place enormous bets on his being taken before the conclusion of the fourth or even third round.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I’d still place enormous bets on his being taken before the conclusion of the fourth or even third round.

I could see him getting drafted, I don’t know if it’s by the end of the 3rd/4th though.. all it takes is one team though.

Reactions: 99664987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad