Will a healthy Gleason hurt us or help us?

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure he wants to play.. He'll waive it.

Probably for a legit contender only. If I recall correctly one of the main reasons he signed long term here with a NTC was for the stability it'd bring his young family. I do agree though that he seems like the type of guy that wants to play. Doubt he's dealt within the division.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Last night on twitter Islanders fans seemed to think Gleason was headed their way but apparently they had a scout at our game vs. Boston...so you can probably rule that out.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Last night on twitter Islanders fans seemed to think Gleason was headed their way but apparently they had a scout at our game vs. Boston...so you can probably rule that out.

:laugh::laugh::shakehead

In all seriousness though, I don't think there's a better deal to be made here than Gleason for Erat. Wasn't it against Washington that Gleason scores his heroic breakaway goal?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
:laugh::laugh::shakehead

In all seriousness though, I don't think there's a better deal to be made here than Gleason for Erat. Wasn't it against Washington that Gleason scores his heroic breakaway goal?

Assuming this is the one you are talking about.

Unfortunately this Tim Gleason left after that season and was replaced with drunk on skates Tim Gleason. The formers whereabouts are still unknown at this time.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
If Gleason is traded, that leaves who exactly as our depth defensemen when injuries hit?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Komisarek/Flood/Corrente? Do you suggest they healthy scratch Gleason when they have other clear needs? If they swap him for a PMD, or acquire a PMD somehow, then they still have the same amount of depth.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Komisarek/Flood/Corrente? Do you suggest they healthy scratch Gleason when they have other clear needs? If they swap him for a PMD, or acquire a PMD somehow, then they still have the same amount of depth.

Oh I get that, it just seems like most of the talk on here surrounds Gleason for a forward. That's where I was going.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Bellemore has been pretty up and down this year. I'd be nervous to bet the house on him yet. That 2nd pairing has definitely been the weak spot of the defense. When it comes to having the puck on your stick, and getting it out of the zone, Tim is way ahead of Bellemore.

In the end though, I think the likelihood of everyone staying healthy is a bit of a longshot.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Either what you just said is true, or something's fishy.

Chantel McCabe ‏@CanesChantel
Muller says Gleason has a lower-body injury, but then said wasn't positive what to qualify it as. He will not make the trip to NJ.

It's no secret they're trying to make a trade. This probably saves Gleason some face of being a healthy scratch.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Bellemore has been pretty up and down this year. I'd be nervous to bet the house on him yet. That 2nd pairing has definitely been the weak spot of the defense. When it comes to having the puck on your stick, and getting it out of the zone, Tim is way ahead of Bellemore.

In the end though, I think the likelihood of everyone staying healthy is a bit of a longshot.

Exactly my friend, exactly. Although it seems like everyone but the vets **** themselves when they see a forecheck coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00