GDT: Wild vs. Jets - 10/31/17 - 7PM CT - FSN - Spooky-Scary Just Win Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Staal doesn't have quite the jump he had last season imo. Looks a bit sluggish there.

MehMild

Not someone whose name means testicles.
Jan 25, 2017
Good part was we played like crap and still had a chance to tie it up. bad part is we played like crap. Reilly I thought looked good for a lot of the game. Couple mistakes but who out there didn't. 1:3:1 I don't know how I feel about that...

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I would put this loss a little on Boudreau. What a bad strategy against Jets to begin the game.
That game is pretty much all on Boudreau. Between giving a terrible deffensive team free zone exits for 40 minutes, and that f***ing ridiculous droppass at your own blueline, that burned them 4 or 5 times, he was terrible. Getting out coached by Paul Maurice isn't a good night.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Staal doesn't have quite the jump he had last season imo. Looks a bit sluggish there.

I haven't noticed a difference. He's had Ennis, Foligno, and Stewart this year. It's a big downgrade from Coyle (when he's on his game), Nino, and Parise. Kunin is coming along, but he's still a rookie playing his first few NHL games.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Jets are a good team, not taking anything away from them. Their goalie is playing lights out, and that's all they've been lacking for the last few years.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Ennis had one of his better games so far this year. He's not worth his paycheck, but he wasn't a detriment on the ice tonight.

MehMild

Jan 25, 2017
That game is pretty much all on Boudreau. Between giving a terrible deffensive team free zone exits for 40 minutes, and that ****ing ridiculous droppass at your own blueline, that burned them 4 or 5 times, he was terrible. Getting out coached by Paul Maurice isn't a good night.
Players execute not him. I don't think he's telling his players to drop pass but put nothing on it and leave it in no man's land. Maybe dumba's guy should have been up more based on scheme or something but I don't think that was a coaching problem, more of a crap pass.

MehMild

Jan 25, 2017
Ennis had one of his better games so far this year. He's not worth his paycheck, but he wasn't a detriment on the ice tonight.
I agree. Not worth the money but he was forechecking and separating people from the puck when I saw him or at least protecting it. Seems to be what we want our players to do.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Won't win many games playing only 20 of the 60 minutes. But damn......ugly.

I give Dumba a lot of credit for facing the media and owning up to his mistakes. But dude needs a wake-up call.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Players execute not him. I don't think he's telling his players to drop pass but put nothing on it and leave it in no man's land. Maybe dumba's guy should have been up more based on scheme or something but I don't think that was a coaching problem, more of a crap pass.
They gave up 4 breakaways on the same play. If it happens once, you can blame execution, when it happens 4 times in one game, your coach needs to pull his head out of his ass.

MehMild

Jan 25, 2017
I think Brodin was pretty on point.
I agree. Think he's really getting back to what we grew to expect. Solid game overall. Smart plays like the 2v1 until dumba caught back up which I'll give dumba credit for coming back and taking the correct position which let him isolate and get that stick in the right spot to turn a chance into nothing but the net over the glass.

MehMild

Jan 25, 2017
They gave up 4 breakaways on the same play. If it happens once, you can blame execution, when it happens 4 times in one game, your coach needs to pull his head out of his ass.
So what should he have done?

MehMild

Jan 25, 2017
Probably start by eliminating the neutral zone drop pass after maybe the 2nd or 3rd clean breakaway that the Jets created off of it? IDK, just a thought.
A lot of teams do that. Again I don't know if it's an execution issue or a problem with the strategy. If a drop pass happens and is intended but the trailing guy isn't there to pick it up, or it's a bad pass is it Bruce's problem or the lack of execution? I really don't know. But, say Bruce is the problem. Who would you replace him with next that wouldn't have those types of issues? Maybe it's a coach who likes to make the forward pass every time instead. What if they miss that forward pass and it's a turn over that way instead? is that now that coaches issue as well? He's not dropping it back so it must be a more sound play? Maybe they pass E/W instead of N/S or whatever when it doesn't work then what? The drop passes seemed to lack recipients. I doubt the coaches have that in mind. But, I'm nowhere near a coach so there's that.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Wasn't the Dumba TO on a 4v4? The drop pass thing is a structured 5v4 move. I don't think I can really blame the coaches for that one.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
A lot of teams do that. Again I don't know if it's an execution issue or a problem with the strategy. If a drop pass happens and is intended but the trailing guy isn't there to pick it up, or it's a bad pass is it Bruce's problem or the lack of execution? I really don't know. But, say Bruce it is the problem. Who would you replace him with next that wouldn't have those types of issues? Maybe it's a coach who likes to make the forward pass every time instead. What if they miss that forward pass and it's a turn over that way instead? is that now that coaches issue as well? He's not dropping it back so it must be a more sound play? Maybe they pass E/W instead of N/S or whatever when it doesn't work then what? The drop passes seemed to lack recipients. I doubt the coaches have that in mind. But, I'm nowhere near a coach so there's that.
I'm not in any way saying that BB needs to be replaced. All I'm saying is that he had a bad game. For him to throw Dumba under the bus tonight just rubs me the wrong way. Why in the world would you start the game trapping against a team that is terrible in it'sown end.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Wasn't the Dumba TO on a 4v4? The drop pass thing is a structured 5v4 move. I don't think I can really blame the coaches for that one.
Who was the pass intended to? Why would he be behind Dumba on the breakout if it wasn't a designed play? Watch it back, Granlund basically goes completely around the faceoff circle. The Jets were on to this play all night and the Wild kept running it, That's a coaching mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad