Jul 4, 2016
Almost.

GGoodbyeCERT.gif

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This team cannot only put in effort in the last 5 minutes. The whole roster of skaters needs to clean up defensively and their passes. Tatar and Karlsson were not moving their feet nearly enough tonight and that was really annoying to see.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Let's hope Neal gets back with Perron and Haula for next game. I'd be OK with Tatar sitting out.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Other teams are ramping up their efforts and the VGK don't seem to be able to compensate. Coaching staffs have had nearly a season to figure out how to counter the VGK speed, offense.

And/or... the team has just expended so much this season they are tired. Or some change in dressing room.

Tatar is not the savior. He's having trouble fitting in. Right now. Is/Can Nosek, former Detroit player, help Tatar?

Questions. No (obvious) answers.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
I don't understand where is this hate for Tatar coming from.
He is a new guy in a new team and system.
He wasn't great tonight, but still +1, unlike the "popular" players Tuch -3, Marchessault -2, Neal -2, Eakin -2, Reaves -2 ...

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
He wasn't great tonight, but still +1, unlike the "popular" players Tuch -3, Marchessault -2, Neal -2, Eakin -2, Reaves -2 ...

I don’t think it’s hate. Maybe he should still be in Detroit or just needs more time to acclimate to the new team.

Reactions: Pomee

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

For the most part, Plus/Minus is no indication of how well individuals played. It's true that scapegoating anyone is not going to solve the issues, & it takes a team effort to turn this around. But I'm not seeing hate here.

With that said, Tatar has been awful since the trade. There's no defending his play. Like it or not, that's just the reality of it. Whether he is struggling to fit in or trying too hard to make plays, it hasn't clicked for him yet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's not hate...he just does nothing with the puck. He tries to be fancy and loses it almost every time and he gets pushed to the perimeter all the time. He's supposed to be a goal scorer but he's not even a threat to score.

Next. Not sure what your argument with the +/- is but first of all Eakin and Reaves aren't popular players so I don't know what you were going for listing them but you can just as easily say Tuch, Marchesseault, and Neal didn't score tonight so...etc. +/- is one of the most useless stats in hockey but especially over the sample of 60 minutes. Him being on the ice for one goal while not being on the ice for any of the four scored is just shy of totally irrelevant.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Disclosure: jinxes aren’t real at all.

However, someone new should start tomorrow’s GDT. Hangman, Lady Stanley, and myself have had a rough run of it lately.

Reactions: LadyStanley

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
This is what I'm thinking...

Maybe this team needs to lose a few more and have their semi-comfortable division lead whittled down to two points or so in order to give them something tangible to play for. They've accomplished so much so far this season, beyond any expectation, and the nebulous (points for vocabulary! :D) concept that they should simply be playing well because this is the time of season to peak going into the playoffs is just not motivation enough given all their success to date.

Yep, got it all figured out! :laugh:

Reactions: Aurinko

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
This is what I'm thinking...

Maybe this team needs to lose a few more and have their semi-comfortable division lead whittled down to two points or so in order to give them something tangible to play for. They've accomplished so much so far this season, beyond any expectation, and the nebulous (points for vocabulary! :D) concept that they should simply be playing well because this is the time of season to peak going into the playoffs is just not motivation enough given all their success to date.

Yep, got it all figured out! :laugh:

I like your attitude. It's actually the same attitude that got us to the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad