Confirmed with Link: Wild Sign Kaprizov to 2yr ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Its got some good with the bad. Mainly he looses money now and we don't get him for playoffs however he likely gets his longterm payday from us a year earlier and we get a more comfortably acclimated and ready player to begin next season.

And because of all this no teams can offer him deals for us to have to match and he's off limits for expansion draft.

So he is a RFA after this contract or a UFA?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
There's been some speculation about whether the Wild will loan him out to a Euro league until the Wild's training camp is scheduled to start in December.

Do the Wild have sole authority to determine which league/team he plays for (assuming that league/team is willing to have him play for a portion of their season)? Which league do we think would be best suited for him: Swedish, Finnish, Swiss?

Or would he be better off staying in Minnesota instead in order to become more acclimated with the organization and area and have daily workouts at Tria?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
84.gif

Reactions: a79krgm

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
There's been some speculation about whether the Wild will loan him out to a Euro league until the Wild's training camp is scheduled to start in December.

Do the Wild have sole authority to determine which league/team he plays for (assuming that league/team is willing to have him play for a portion of their season)? Which league do we think would be best suited for him: Swedish, Finnish, Swiss?

Or would he be better off staying in Minnesota instead in order to become more acclimated with the organization and area and have daily workouts at Tria?
for simple injury risk I could see the staying in Minnesota and only training as a reason to stick around but not sure that is best for him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Training camp would be November if the planned start date is 12/1. Shortens it up a bit.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d bet he just stays in MN this summer to get acclimated and doesn’t get loaned out. Most of the league will have had just as much time off if not more

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I unfortunately don't think Fiala and Kaprizov will spend that much time together, at least at the start.

Parise-Staal-Fiala
Kaprizov-Galchenyk-Zuccarello
Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Kunin
Foligno-Sturm-Hartman
Donato

That's how I would imagine it starting out, barring any trades and assuming we re-sign Galchenyuk.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala claimed he feels better on the left when he arrived, then broke out on the right... so who knows?

I do know some of the goals Fiala scored this year wouldn't have been possible playing on the left. I also know from what I see with Kaprizov that he's not as big of a threat to score on the rush as Fiala. I would think that means Kaprizov should move left, Fiala and Zuccarello stay right.

I also wonder if they consider talking to Zuccarello about the left side, since he isn't as big of a goal scoring threat as either of the other two.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I do know some of the goals Fiala scored this year wouldn't have been possible playing on the left. I also know from what I see with Kaprizov that he's not as big of a threat to score on the rush as Fiala. I would think that means Kaprizov should move left, Fiala and Zuccarello stay right.

I also wonder if they consider talking to Zuccarello about the left side, since he isn't as big of a goal scoring threat as either of the other two.
That sounds like a better solution. Move the Lizard.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I unfortunately don't think Fiala and Kaprizov will spend that much time together, at least at the start.

Parise-Staal-Fiala
Kaprizov-Galchenyk-Zuccarello
Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Kunin
Foligno-Sturm-Hartman
Donato

That's how I would imagine it starting out, barring any trades and assuming we re-sign Galchenyuk.

If Donato is going to be any kind of player on this team, he's probably going to have to do it in the middle. I'd much rather see what we have there, and a spot between Zuccarello and Kaprizov ain't too bad of situation for him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Donato is going to be any kind of player on this team, he's probably going to have to do it in the middle. I'd much rather see what we have there, and a spot between Zuccarello and Kaprizov ain't too bad of situation for him.

I get the feeling that they're not really looking to trade Donato or Greenway until they figure out what's going on with the center situation and whether or not a Parise trade is still a possibility. I think he's being used as insurance, I don't think they have any plans to keep him long term, especially not as a center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad