Confirmed with Link: Wild sign Justin Kloos (2 Years, 2-Way, $1.4M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Interesting.

Scouting report, Gophers fans?

He was the Gopher captain for 2 years. Real character guy, gave his all for the program, and by all accounts is a great kid.

He's a small guy with great speed, and has some scoring touch. 149p (63g) in 154 career games at the U.

I don't know if he'll ever be an impact player in the NHL, but I think at the very least he will improve Iowa. Then if he gets a chance on the pro roster, who knows.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He was the Gopher captain for 2 years. Real character guy, gave his all for the program, and by all accounts is a great kid.

He's a small guy with great speed, and has some scoring touch. 149p (63g) in 154 career games at the U.

I don't know if he'll ever be an impact player in the NHL, but I think at the very least he will improve Iowa. Then if he gets a chance on the pro roster, who knows.

He kind of sounds like a faster Schroeder to me. :laugh:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

They are not dissimilar players, in their time at the U. Well, disregarding Schroeder's sophomore year when he was clearly mailing it in (still bitter about that).

To be honest, I think Kloos could end up being a Schroeder like player. Scrappy 4th line guy who fights to stay in the lineup. And if you get that for free, I'll take it every day! :nod:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
They are not dissimilar players, in their time at the U. Well, disregarding Schroeder's sophomore year when he was clearly mailing it in (still bitter about that).

To be honest, I think Kloos could end up being a Schroeder like player. Scrappy 4th line guy who fights to stay in the lineup. And if you get that for free, I'll take it every day! :nod:

I mean, Schroeder was a first round pick and also a smaller guy. Sounds like a low risk, medium reward type of deal to me.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
One thing that's cool about Kloos is that he's been a trusted penalty killer in addition to being a scorer. He's the plug and play type that can thrive in any situation. He had 7 SHG over his past 2 seasons, which might even be more than he scored on the PP. Just an all-situations player with great wheels. I truly believe he'll be an NHL regular eventually because of his drive. He's a lead by example kind of player and brings people with him. Not a captain who was named captain for lack of options.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I mean, Schroeder was a first round pick and also a smaller guy. Sounds like a low risk, medium reward type of deal to me.

Yep, that's what I've heard elsewhere. I don't follow Gophers (or any college) hockey really, but those in the know seem mildly impressed :D

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Pretty similar to Schroeder actually but with a better shot and a faster skater. I'd say Schroeder has the edge in vision/passing though.

Kloos also isn't afraid to play some defense so you could use him on a PK.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I like the signing. There is no downside and with lack of picks in the upcoming draft it's good that Fletcher is turning to college UFAs.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Justin Kloos, Klostin Juus..

..it sounds funnier when pronounced like Finnish.

maybe..

No it really does!

trust me..

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I think Kloos has more drive and more hockey sense.

More likely to end up as an every day bottom 6 player than the fringe sometimes player Schroeder is because Schroeder goes invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad