Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
he homebody?

From Alberta. Went to UMD.

6'4", 190lbs. I'd like to see him put on more muscle next year. Looks like he has potential to be a nice two-way guy. Didn't put up crazy numbers in college, but wasn't purely shut-down and devoid of offense.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I saw him play a few times, and think with some pro hockey he could be a decent 4-6 d'man.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
He needs to get bigger as his game will be dependant entirely on size at the next level. I don't see him outpacing anyone (yes even Prosser) as of right now. Maybe things change in the next 2-3 years, but I think he's Iowa depth really.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Anyone who watched him play at UMD - How's his skating? I think he'll succeed in the NHL if he can skate well at the pro level.

If he's slow/sluggish, or falls constantly... Yeah, Iowa depth.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Anyone who watched him play at UMD - How's his skating? I think he'll succeed in the NHL if he can skate well at the pro level.

He's a decent skater. Generates power, but not that smooth. Good shooter but ultimately he plays a bit too loose with the puck for me. Tends to lose coverage, takes questionable penalties. There's plenty of contract space for next season - he's an ok bet to fill that Zach Palmquist role if nothing else.

Barry Melrose was gushing about him for some reason during the Frozen Four.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

He's a relatively smooth skater, however that could change if he indeed does put on some weight (he'll need to). He won't supplant anyone on the left side of this roster and at most he'll be a #3 LHD, but only if Brodin is moved to #2 RHD and Olofsson plays #2 LHD.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

He's a decent skater. Generates power, but not that smooth. Good shooter but ultimately he plays a bit too loose with the puck for me. Tends to lose coverage, takes questionable penalties. There's plenty of contract space for next season - he's an ok bet to fill that Zach Palmquist role if nothing else.

Barry Melrose was gushing about him for some reason during the Frozen Four.

well he instantly was a huge upgrade to their blueline when he returned from injury, top 3 dman on that team (used to be top 2 until pionk showed up). I think his ceiling is a 6/7 NHL dman who could provide some depth. Deceptively fast-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad