Proposal: Wild - Red Wings

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I don't think I would trade that for Kaprizov let alone Dumba and Rask. Maybe I would trade that for Kaprizov but still not close.

Even if you believe the value is close, doesn't really make any sense for Detroit to add yet another winger while trading away a top pick in a draft loaded with the two positions they're weak at.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Even if you believe the value is close, doesn't really make any sense for Detroit to add yet another winger while trading away a top pick in a draft loaded with the two positions they're weak at.
Yeah but from a pure value perspective, I would at least think about it. The original proposal was not anywhere close to even.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah but from a pure value perspective, I would at least think about it. The original proposal was not anywhere close to even.

Yeah, it's hard for me to gauge the value on that one. Mainly because it's a small sample on Kaprizov (Granted he did well in the KHL) and we don't know if Detroit's pick is gonna be #1 or #8.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Moreover, no matter who they pick, they absolutely will get a player who is more in line with their rebuild timeline and at a much cheaper rate than Kaprizov, who is due for a massive pay raise this off season. This is not to take anything away from Kaprizov, he's been stellar this season, but we are stupidly deep organizationally at both wings right now so I'm not keen on adding yet another that will also blow up our salary structure when we are in desperate need for a top 6 center.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Moreover, no matter who they pick, they absolutely will get a player who is more in line with their rebuild timeline and at a much cheaper rate than Kaprizov, who is due for a massive pay raise this off season. This is not to take anything away from Kaprizov, he's been stellar this season, but we are stupidly deep organizationally at both wings right now so I'm not keen on adding yet another that will also blow up our salary structure when we are in desperate need for a top 6 center.

50 game sample size, both he and the Wild probably want a bridge contract.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
50 game sample size, both he and the Wild probably want a bridge contract.
He still want at least $4 mil per year and if he keeps this pace up, his ask will skyrocket. I wouldn't be shocked to see Minnesota try to buy low on his prime years with a slightly higher AAV and slightly longer term.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I’d be more than comfortable with him getting $8M+ on a long-term deal at this point. I also wouldn’t trade him for the #1 in this years draft. That’s how impressive he has looked.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Add in Kaprizov or Fiala on Minnesota's side and Yzerman might politely decline instead of blocking Guerin's phone number

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Lets assume that 1st is top 5 and used to draft a defenseman for the sake of argument. There are 5 different dmen that could go top 5 this draft; Luke Hughes, Owen Power, Brandt Clarke, Simon Edvinsson. I would say at least 4 of those 5 dmen have a good shot at being Dumba caliber or better. Detroit still wouldn't move that 1st even if you added Boldy
Haha

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Glendening + 1'st round pick

for

Dumba + Rask
Man I hate when I look at the standings upside down.

That 1st round pick is actually a potential top 5 pick. Easy mistake to make, it's not a bad trade idea if it would have been a late 1st.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI

for

Dumba + Rask

This is nonsense, bud. Do you have any explanation as to why you think Detroit does this?

Glendening is worth a 3rd/2nd and that's a top 5 pick.

2 years of Dumba with a cap dump (despite some better numbers this year for Rask) attached isn't worth that much to a rebuilder.

Last edited:

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Detroit is not moving their top 5 pick in the upcoming draft.

But just for fun lets pretend Detroit is open to it. Any conversation would have start with Rossi no exceptions. If Rossi is not coming back then the pick isn't moving. Then Minnesota would have to add from there including a first round pick coming back to Detroit.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
How about:

for

Dumba + Rask + the Wild's 1'st round pick from Pens
How does this benefit Detroit? We're set at RD so Dumba isn't a need and Rask is a cap dump Glendening by himself returns a late 2nd or 3rd round pick rather easily. Detroit's pick is probably top 6 and the Pens Mid to late 20's noway Yzerman would accept this trade it's pretty bad for us.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'd include Rossi, both '21 1sts, and something else like Fiala/Dumba if it were Larkin on the table, but that's the only piece I'd move all that for and I assume Larkin is completely untouchable.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Isn't RD the only position where Detroit doesn't need help? Id assume with Hronek, Seider and massive holes everywhere else this would be a bad move for Detroit even if the value was right which it clearly is not.

Reactions: SirloinUB

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
putting in Rask is adding insult to injury. No way DRW does this until they know when they are picking, and you would have to add someone like Beckman, and take out Rask, assuming DET is picking somewhere around 7-8. If their pick is in the top 4-5 they don't consider it. Beniers, Power, Hughes, maybe Johnson are too good to pass up.

Dumba is a good player, and would help a lot of teams right now, but he is a better fit on a contending team. I think he would be a great add to WPG, and make them a team that would scare TOR. DRW is in another place.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I'd include Rossi, both '21 1sts, and something else like Fiala/Dumba if it were Larkin on the table, but that's the only piece I'd move all that for and I assume Larkin is completely untouchable.

Larkin is untouchable rigjt now but Rossi, 2 1sts and one of Fiala/Dumba is a real offer for sure.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

Larkin is untouchable rigjt now but Rossi, 2 1sts and one of Fiala/Dumba is a real offer for sure.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

I def understand that, Larkin is gonna blow up with Yzerman doing his roster magic. Larkin going to be over a PPG guy in the next 2-3 years with the pieces he'll get next to him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That's what you pay for an elite #1C. Larkin is very good, but he is not that. Wild fans would be extremely disappointed with that deal....massive overpay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad