Wild re-sign Sturm

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Minnesota GM Greg Dockus continues to lock up his youngsters as Marco Sturm put his John Hancock on a 3 year deal. Exact numbers aren't known, but it's expected to be between for a total of between $7-$8 million.

"Marco is such a key for us. He was scheduled to be a UFA after next year, so we wanted to make sure we locked him up a for a few year and make sure he was fairly compensated."

"It's great," said Sturm. "We are only a few points out of having the best record in the West, and signing this lets me totally focus on winning games. I just bought a home about a year ago, and it's nice to know I will be here for at least a few more years. We are building a winning organization here, and I'm proud to be a part of it."

Dockus isn't having much success locking up one of his peripheral players, defenseman Bryan Muir. While Muir is a UFA-to be, this is the first year that he has playing substantially in the HFNHL, and he is asking for seven figures.

"Yea, it's a little frustrating," said Dockus. "We like Bryan, and he is a nice player for us, but frankly, with Sundin out there for us to try to sign, there isn't a million bucks a year out there for Bryan. We hope he sees us as a winning organization on the upward move and wants to play for a winner. But right now, it's not looking great".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad