Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Football everywhere else in the world meaning real football. Played with your feet.
I have NEVER heard it called footie.
Possibly NSFW:
Sounds more like a sexual thing
Handie = Handjob
Blowie = bl**j**
Footie = footjob?

Reactions: TaLoN

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I meant "footie" meaning soccer. Usually used by Euros over here, who can't bring themselves to call it soccer, but know if they say football it will cause confusion.

I have a friend who is a huge soccer fan and refers to it as "footie" for the reason you stated.

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Not a footie, but footie, as in abbreviation of football. Game played with your feet

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Sounds like there might be an interesting story there.
Oh there is, but it's embarrassing for all parties involved so I won't be telling it here. Suffice it to say, it involves teenagers doing teenager things.

Well, it's easy to cheer for them now, because they are winning. It was pretty awful years ago when I latched onto them. I kid you not, they used to Turtle right from the opening whistle.

My ancestors are Geordie's, which means you are a Toon fan, or perhaps Carlisle, which is playing in a lower division. If you're into Geordie kink, then you might be a Sunderland fan.

It's easy to be a Man U/City, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal fan. It takes great character and courage to be a Newcastle fan.

Pros;

- their iconic uniforms with the B + W stripes, especially the old ones with the "Newcastle Pale Ale" crests.
- their completely invested and crazy fans who jam St. James Park, one of the classic pitches.
- right now, you are catching a team on the upswing, after decades of futility. Think NJD of the Premier league. Some nice young talent, but most importantly a really good, young'ish manager. Almost everyone he brings in seems to have worked out, the morale seems great, and even some of the old players who were considered failures have been rehabilitated under him.

I plan to go to England next year. Hopefully I can get tickets and go to a game. I have been told that going to a Soccer match live is an unmatched atmosphere for even a smaller club, but St James with a good team should be completely Bananas.

Seems like the team should be called Sherwood Forrest, or the Nottingham Sheriffs.
Thanks for the synopsis! They sound like an interesting team right now, and I've always loved their jerseys. For some reason I gravitate toward the black and white teams. Swansea was a favorite of mine some years back.

I don't have any great reason to follow any particular team, but I think Norwich City would be my favorite if they could actually stick in the Premier League (it's hard for me to catch games as it is). I yearn for that logo and color scheme.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Should probably get back to hockey.

Hopefully someone will get a draft board up soon, though only having one pick in the 20's is less exciting than in the previous two years when we had a couple of first rounders, nvm a 9th oa.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Should probably get back to hockey.

Hopefully someone will get a draft board up soon, though only having one pick in the 20's is less exciting than in the previous two years when we had a couple of first rounders, nvm a 9th oa.
What do you mean by a draft board? Just like a table for all the picks?

I can get started on some of this as we get closer to draft day

Reactions: BagHead

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What do you mean by a draft board? Just like a table for all the picks?

I can get started on some of this as we get closer to draft day
Yeah, basically ranking players from 1-21, tailored to our team needs(or not). It might be wise to simply go from 5-21, or 6-21. There is basically no scenario that has us getting any of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Yeah, basically ranking players from 1-21, tailored to our team needs(or not). It might be wise to simply go from 5-21, or 6-21. There is basically no scenario that has us getting any of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith.
I have my own rankings that keep changing even until Bob McKenzie's rankings come up, which is as close to about 7 days before. So it feels a bit redundant to post it until I get that list as the final reference.

What I can do is make a board of the rankings I follow, even if outdated (I'll put the date when they were updated) and it might give you a good sense of who will be around. I'll make something tonight

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I feel confident that we will have several options for high potential players at our first pick, and I defer to Brackett on who he thinks will grow best with our team, there are a lot of players that I would be happy to pick. I will be interested to see how the 2nd round on goes for this draft, The expected timeline for those picks falls in the post Brodin & Spurgeon era, we will have spots open everywhere so even though I want a center heavy draft, I am fine with the most talented players we can find. I have been really happy with the last few drafts, hope this group can continue to find value and potential throughout each round.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have my own rankings that keep changing even until Bob McKenzie's rankings come up, which is as close to about 7 days before. So it feels a bit redundant to post it until I get that list as the final reference.

What I can do is make a board of the rankings I follow, even if outdated (I'll put the date when they were updated) and it might give you a good sense of who will be around. I'll make something tonight
What we’ve done in the past is vote on it here. Last year it was 1- 20, I believe. oops, I might be wrong. Can't find the thread that I thought existed. anyway, it's similar to the thread that is posted on the Prospects Board, but rather than match teams to draftees, it's just who we feel are the top prospects, and ranking them in order of where we would pick them.

Again, I would omit the top 5, if not top 8. Maybe add Dvorsky, Benson, Reinbacher. I don't see any of them dropping down to #21.

Last edited:

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
A prospect like Calum Ritchie seems to be the prototypical Wild pick.

Plays center, plays an all-round game, plays a leadership on the team, and is a player that was once considered a top 10 pick because of high end skill potential who falls into the 20s not because of glaring character issues but bc of inconsistency (Wallstedt and Lambos were fallers in 2021 picked in 20s and Ohgren and Yurov was a faller).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad