GDT: Wild @ Hawks - 6 PM CT / 2 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
The Game

The Chicago Blackhawks will look for their fifth straight win when they host the Minnesota Wild at United Center on Sunday in their final home game of 2017.
Goaltender Corey Crawford, who is expected to start, is 8-0-2 with a 2.07 goals-against-average and .936 save percentage in his past 10 starts. Chicago plays its next six games on the road and doesn't play at home again until hosting the Vegas Golden Knights on Jan. 5.
The Wild will have defenseman Jared Spurgeon back for the opener of a four-game road trip. He's missed nine games with a groin injury. Minnesota had its four-game winning streak ended in a 3-2 loss against the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday.
Players to watch

Wild forward Eric Staal has five points (two goals, three assists) in his past four games.
Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane has five points (two goals, three assists) in a three-game point streak. He is three goals shy of 300 for his NHL career.

Wild at Blackhawks preview

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
If the Wild want to make the playoffs I feel this is a game they need to win in regulation.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If the Wild want to make the playoffs I feel this is a game they need to win in regulation.
If you're thinking any game in December is a "must win", you may want to take a step back and relax for a second.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well, we get to see Brodin-Spurgeon for a period or two at least. Curious to see how that looks, since I can't remember them ever playing together.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Decent period with a much better pace than last game, but Kane scores and Crawford looks good. A lot of nights that's all the Hawks really need against us.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's the second game of a back to back. You're in Chicago. Your legs are getting heavy and tired. So what do we do? Take more penalties!!!!!

guinness-brilliant1.jpg

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well, we get to see Brodin-Spurgeon for a period or two at least. Curious to see how that looks, since I can't remember them ever playing together.
Looks as bad as it did in the preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad