GDT: Wild @ Ducks, 7:00 Best Coast Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
Expecting Hiller to make that save, and assuming he should, is unrealistic.

Yeah, from the spot where he was, it is. But he should have moved to the left, especially after Beauch was there screening the right side.

On the other hand, he had decent night, Ducks won, so I won't complain much.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yeah, from the spot where he was, it is. But he should have moved to the left, especially after Beauch was there screening the right side.

On the other hand, he had decent night, Ducks won, so I won't complain much.

...and if he moves to his left, he opens up a hole on the near side. He played the percentages, and he got beat by a good shot. I'm not sure what you expect a goalie to do there. Did you expect Fasth to make the save against Brown?

Oct 18, 2011
Hiller made the saves at the end, and for the most part played very well. senseless to nitpick him. i don't know how you can even pin that first goal on him it was a perfect shot and beauch was in his way

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Hiller takes more pucks to the dome than any goalie ive ever seen.

He's got to have the most head shots since Gerry Cheevers.

gerry-cheevers.jpg

http://bruinslegends.blogspot.com/2007/02/gerry-cheevers.html

Last edited:

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
...and if he moves to his left, he opens up a hole on the near side. He played the percentages, and he got beat by a good shot. I'm not sure what you expect a goalie to do there.

Right side was screened. Left was open. No brainer which side he should have covered. Usually he position himself much better.

Did you expect Fasth to make the save against Brown?

What that's got to do with Hiller?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That second goal on Hiller definitely hit Sbisa on the leg or possibly of the stick on the way in and changed the angle ever so slightly. Check out the replay. I've watched it a few times already.

OK, and who knew Luca had a 98mph fastball? Where was Souray during the skills competition?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Right side was screened. Left was open. No brainer which side he should have covered. Usually he position himself much better.

Wait, so you're arguing that Hiller should have been further to his left, because Beauchemin was to his right? I hope you realize that what you're saying basically goes against everything a goaltender is taught.

Goalies play the angles based on where the puck is. You aren't going to see them cheat to their left, with a shot that comes from their right, because there is a defenseman there. That is quite silly.

Corey Perry*

Man, lots of bandwagon fans. I usually don't mind most of them, but I hate those types that are trashy "bros" and "broettes" who get drunk, get loud and rowdy , while not knowing anything about the game. There was this chick yelling at some Wild fans outside the pond, after the game, and it was pretty embarrassing. She sounded like one of those fans from up the freeway.

Anyways, happy with the win, even though their performance in the third wasn't so great. Off to Phoenix!

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
Wait, so you're arguing that Hiller should have been further to his left, because Beauchemin was to his right? I hope you realize that what you're saying basically goes against everything a goaltender is taught.

Goalies play the angles based on where the puck is. You aren't going to see them cheat to their left, with a shot that comes from their right, because there is a defenseman there. That is quite silly.

Not silly at all. You can't save it if you don't see it, even if you know it's there.

As far as angles go, watch replay.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Not silly at all. You can't save it if you don't see it, even if you know it's there.

As far as angles go, watch replay.

...then Giguere must have been doing it wrong his entire career.

You can save it if you don't see it. In fact, that is part of playing the percentages. Just because Beauchemin is there doesn't mean the puck can't get past him. You are way off here.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Man, lots of bandwagon fans. I usually don't mind most of them, but I hate those types that are trashy "bros" and "broettes" who get drunk, get loud and rowdy , while not knowing anything about the game. There was this chick yelling at some Wild fans outside the pond, after the game, and it was pretty embarrassing. She sounded like one of those fans from up the freeway.

Anyways, happy with the win, even though their performance in the third wasn't so great. Off to Phoenix!

ya. bandwagoners are annoying sometimes. but we'll take all the revenue we can get right now if it means we can give getzy/perry contracts that they're willing to take

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Kid at our game last weekend had a Ducks hat on with a Queens jersey. Should have reported his parents for child abuse.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Good game (that third period was ugly, but a win is a win). Hiller made some great saves...can't believe he is being singled out by people on this forum. The first goal against was a perfect shot and the second one deflected off of Sbisa.

Ducks just keep rolling along! :D All four lines looked solid today. Shout out to Beleskey seems like he has found a good role with the team.

Corey Perry*

I saw a dude with a white jersey 2007 jersey with a new logo kings shirt showing through underneath. The Ultimate Bandwagoner. :sarcasm:

Maybe he was one of the 4 people that are actually a fan of both teams. :sarcasm:

Nikko*

Glad we got that win given the ugly third. Hiller should have had both goals, hate his consistent inconsistency.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Shiny-new-toy-syndrome at its finest. Hiller could have a 60 save shutout and some of you guys would complain that he didn't score a goal. There was one goal that MAYBE was his fault.

Hiller played solid, now it's Fasths turn against the Coyotes.

Hiller vs. Fasth?
tumblr_m3k3zhkDtn1ro50n1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad