Wild Cinderella Run Stopped + Future

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
:wild

Not many expected much from the Minnesota Wild. They are a budget team. They lack that flashy offense. They don't have high-end prospects.

But win after win, the Wild made it to the Stanley Cup finals. Unfortunately they were shutout by the Maple Leafs in a 4-0 series but only after beating the Blues, Blackhawks, and the Canucks. It was an impressive accomplishment in itself and making the best cost efficient team in the HFNHL.

The Wild look to improve and develop into a consistent Stanley Cup competitor for many years to come.

So what does the future hold?

Wild lack quality trade assests, have a poor prospect pool, and a meh roster. A balance. As such, the Wild are willing to talk in any trade. Veterans, youngsters, prospects, draft picks. Throw us your ideas and we'll consider it. But we aren't looking to sacrifice NHL ready youth for oldies.

Looking for:

NHL Ready Young (26 and below) Top 6 Scoring Winger
NHL Ready Young (26 and below) 3-4 Offensive Dman
More 2015 Draft Picks

Notable Trade Assets (not necessarily on the block and not limited to these names, but these are most likely the more popularly used trade assets)

Mike Santorelli
Tommy Wingels
Kyle Brodziak
Matt Cooke
Colton Sissons
Nate Schmidt
Tyler Wotherspoon

But really, ANY name is open, even Anze Kopitar, if the trade is good and makes sense. But I can tell you, Kopitar will be hard to take away. I'm looking to be a competitor next year and Kopitar is basically ALL my offense.

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Made me feel a bit better about losing in 7 to your Wild to see you make a run to the Cup. Well done, Dan. Great run.

Still bitter and angry at you about it, though. That will never change.

Ever.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Congratulation Dan, you have achieved so much in so little time where I have never made past 2nd round.:handclap:

Thanks to Leafs and Panthers who were my opposition the last two times:sarcasm:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Great run, congratulations, Dan! Seems like you have found some kind of magic switch with the sim :) will be interesting to see what you can do with a stronger team down the road.

SenatorsGM

Jun 25, 2012
Congratulations on a WILD ride to the finals!!! You give all teams hope that if they make the playoffs good things can happen!

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Thanks all

Again, looking to do the following:

Looking for:
NHL Ready Young (26 and below) Top 6 Scoring Winger
NHL Ready Young (26 and below) 3-4 Offensive Dman
More 2015 Draft Picks

Notable Trade Assets (not necessarily on the block and not limited to these names, but these are most likely the more popularly used trade assets)

Mike Santorelli
Tommy Wingels
Kyle Brodziak
Matt Cooke
Colton Sissons
Nate Schmidt
Tyler Wotherspoon

AND OTHER NAMES! Just throw me something and lets talk.

To note:

I may have cap space but I am a budget team so I can't take on crazy salary
I lack quality youth/prospects so I will leaning towards rebuilding my prospect pool vs. selling off all my futures for veterans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad