Post-Game Talk: Wild at The Powerhouse | 2/21/19 - 7PM - MSG

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
The majority of Pionk's time on ice is getting the puck out of trouble barely. He doesn't trigger offense or rushes. When he hits a forward with a pass, the forward is usually facing back and not forward, so that usually results in a tip and chase into the zone. That tells me he can't make the first pass or push play forward from the back end fast enough. Opponents easily wrap him up or seal him off in the corners and down low. Also, he's rarely in position to give Staal a safety valve when Staal gets in trouble. That's why he rarely drives play and our play in general is a dumpster fire every time he's on the ice.
100% on all of this, great post.

Reactions: will1066

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Tell you something else. Something smells about Lias playing in this game. I think someone wanted to take a look at him at the NHL level. He may be involved in something

Definitely surprising callup and as a “show” thought is reasonable. Anyway, I thought he played well keeping up and making good plays when having a chance without committing errors.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
loving quinn finally giving in and allowing himself to compliment ADA on his play.

news flash coach, weve seen it everytime you let the kid play

what took you so long ?

oh, and pionk really is bad. he just cannot get pucks to the right guys. he chips it and banks it off the boards and glass pretty much every time whether under duress or not. simply lacks vision and patience to make plays.

something ADA oozes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad