Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
To the Ducks - Ek , Lambos and #13OA

To the Wild - Zegras and #3OA in 2024

Who says no

I’d imagine both teams don’t love it. Value is prob realistically close…. But idk that it really makes sense from either side

Can’t see why wild would move Ek…. And I don’t imagine Anaheim wants to move the 3rd and zegeas.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’d imagine both teams don’t love it. Value is prob realistically close…. But idk that it really makes sense from either side

Can’t see why wild would move Ek…. And I don’t imagine Anaheim wants to move the 3rd and zegeas.
I’d like to see a real creative offense first threat between Boldy and Kap on the top line. That’s why as a Wild fan I do it. Also we use the 3rd to take Demidov and our top 6 is set for 10 years and if Kap leaves we still have serious punch.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It's not a bad proposal but if the Ducks traded Zegras I would assume they would do so to bolster a position that they are weak in like D or W. Adding Ek just adds to the position the Ducks are strongest in.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
It's not a bad proposal but if the Ducks traded Zegras I would assume they would do so to bolster a position that they are weak in like D or W. Adding Ek just adds to the position the Ducks are strongest in.
Are the ducks particularly weak at D? I kind of just thought they had a decent mix of vets and younger guys and Minty is an absolutely stud so didn’t think it was a glaring need.

Interesting deal op. But don’t see either team doing it.
Well I’m just sitting at work bored so the fact that I got a few posts out of people and didn’t get instantly flamed is taken as success lol

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Are the ducks particularly weak at D? I kind of just thought they had a decent mix of vets and younger guys and Minty is an absolutely stud so didn’t think it was a glaring need.
Ducks are pretty horrid on D especially on the right side.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He might be half the player Ek is. Not someone you win in the playoffs with. His lacrosse goals are cool though I guess :dunno:
I think there’s a bit more there than lacrosse goals and if you put him with two stud wingers his creativity likely makes a nice top line or very nice second line. Also moving from 13 to 3 has significant value

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Dude Minnesota isn’t trading eriksson ek, my gosh. Trevor sucks. The fact you have thus bad of a view of eriksson ek is laughable. Somehow Minnesota adds a 1st?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Dude Minnesota isn’t trading eriksson ek, my gosh. Trevor sucks. The fact you have thus bad of a view of eriksson ek is laughable. Somehow Minnesota adds a 1st?
Please regale us with your extensive knowledge of the difference in value between #13oa and #3. I can’t wait

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I would say drop the picks and Anaheim adds a 2nd ducks don't want to lose his skill ducks could replace it with the 3rd but they probably go lev or Lindstrom

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
This is quite the take considering Minnesota hasn’t won anything with the guy you’re saying is twice the player as Zegras and has a whopping 10 points in 26 playoff games.
Yah , it’s tough for Mn fans to get all indignant about players on our team that we actually like when the fact is they’ve never done shit when the chips are down

I would say drop the picks and Anaheim adds a 2nd ducks don't want to lose his skill ducks could replace it with the 3rd but they probably go lev or Lindstrom
No that’s not enough for Ek. There’s far more value difference between Ek and Zegras than a 2nd. It may not quite be 13 up to 3 difference but i think it’s close.

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Yah , it’s tough for Mn fans to get all indignant about players on our team that we actually like when the fact is they’ve never done shit when the chips are down

No that’s not enough for Ek. There’s far more value difference between Ek and Zegras than a 2nd. It may not quite be 13 up to 3 difference but i think it’s close.
I like EK but it’s just laughable that someone actually uses playoffs as a reason for not wanting Zegras despite the other player having no success in them. And Zegras actually has success in big games outside of the NHL. It’s TBD what he can do in the NHL playoffs.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I like EK but it’s just laughable that someone actually uses playoffs as a reason for not wanting Zegras despite the other player having no success in them. And Zegras actually has success in big games outside of the NHL. It’s TBD what he can do in the NHL playoffs.
Agree all around. Ek is my favorite player in the league by far but I’m open to ….

A. Seeing him go somewhere so he might actually have a chance of cleansing the disgusting Minnesota sports curse off him

B. Using his value to reshape the roster when it’s failed in its current form repeatedly

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
This is quite the take considering Minnesota hasn’t won anything with the guy you’re saying is twice the player as Zegras and has a whopping 10 points in 26 playoff games.
Since you had Getzlaf, you should know that big 2-way centers are premium for the playoffs.

Ek had been relegated to the grinder role between Foligno and Greenway up until last year. Last year he finally got the chance to play top 6, only to only be able to less than a minute in the playoffs.

How's Zegras' NHL playoff stats? I'll wait.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
not sure why the Ducks would do this.

Can you make the pitch why this makes the Ducks better in the long run?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Agree all around. Ek is my favorite player in the league by far but I’m open to ….

A. Seeing him go somewhere so he might actually have a chance of cleansing the disgusting Minnesota sports curse off him

B. Using his value to reshape the roster when it’s failed in its current form repeatedly
Oh look, it's SoH 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad