Why the Coyotes, along with a few other southern teams, should stay in the NHL

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
Let's' be honest, I'm a Penguins fan, but I like the Coyotes as well. I believe that the NHL should keep their current teams in the southern states because discriminating against teams to relocate isn't right at all. IMO, they should bring back either Quebec or Hartford to even out the East. (16 teams in the East/16 teams in the West, just like the NFL)

Even if they have money issues, they should be able to keep a hockey team up and running in Arizona, despite their low funds. I mean, they have a college hockey team in Arizona, so why can't they keep an NHL team? Now, if the Coyotes compared to the Golden Knights or Penguins, then maybe they'll be better off.

Despite playing 22 years in the desert, several people still believe that Arizona should relocate. I disagree because some states can't help it if they have money problems, but that shouldn't give them an excuse to relocate their sports teams just because. They'll also lose money as well because once their sports team relocates, then they'll lose revenue from them. Kinda contradicting if you ask me.

Remember when the Panthers and Coyotes had playoff runs? Even though the Panthers got eliminated in the first round, the Coyotes run was quite impressive. They had a white out and lots of people attended their playoff games. I mean, if California has 3 NHL teams, then why can't Arizona and Florida keep the Coyotes and Panthers?

Even if some of those teams aren't good right now, their futures look bright, especially Arizona with all that young talent on their roster.

Reactions: Fyreman and RABBIT

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It should be up to League and Owner where a team stays or goes. No one should "expect" an Owner to accept huge financial losses by never expecting them to leave that situation. Neither should anyone expect someone to move for any reason should an Owner or League want to stay somewhere on the hope if a brighter future.

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
I think the real question is not whether or not these markets should have teams, but instead how to make the league as a whole as healthy as possible. There is always going to be a poorer class, it is just a matter of bringing the tide of all ships up or letting a free market solution come forth.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
This whole saga has left me with agita and a loathing of all things Winnipeg. I don't see any relocation threat around the corner. We'll see if the 202 extension has changed the mind of Barroway, or perhaps an Indian nation has come through.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah, you're very much preaching to the choir here, but between likely expansion to Seattle, and Fertitta in Houston with his "yeah, I don't know if it's worth it here in Houston for me" line, the folks who would have us move are scrambling to come up with scenarios that have the team leaving soon.

For me, it's like a young couple with a kid...yeah, you don't wanna keep living in this so-so apartment complex where you keep having to lease year to year, but until you get a break and can afford your own place, hey they're happy to have you, and hey they do have a nice gym, a pool, and some people you like so, could be worse.

Reactions: 0point1 and Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad