Why not Mike Richards as our 4th line center

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdsrangers

Oct 17, 2002
Visit site
Why not. He played well against when the Kings won the Cup. He is still only 30 years old.

He wins faceoffs:handclap:

He knows the East. He likes playing at the Garden.

We could get him cheap because of the buyout. 1 year please.

Just saying look at what Brad Richards did for the Blackhawks.:yo:

Your thoughts..... again a really good vet player for the 4th line:popcorn:

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Richards is no longer the guy he was in Philly. His legs are shot and the silky mitts he once had are long gone.

Pass.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Why do we want two fourth line centers? Particularly when we already have one who is better than him?

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I'd try him at like $1.5 million for a year or two, but I bet there are teams who'd offer far more for him. I think a guy like Richards or Gagner could be solid experiments if we can find a way to get them for super cheap.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
His body is broken.
He has had an awesome career.
I cant figure what more he seeks to accomplish as a player.
Its just over.

*Bob Richards*

He's not very good anymore but it would be useful to have a specialized fighter against Dubinsky IMO

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
You can't even consider him because of the potential of cap recapture penalties. The last two teams to have him on the roster get whacked with penalties if he retires before that contract expires. Capologists help me out, but I think it gets worse the longer the contract goes.

Edit: I apologize, I had no idea he is about to be bought out. I didn't see that news on that in the thread. I'm still against it.

Last edited:

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
You can't even consider him because of the potential of cap recapture penalties. The last two teams to have him on the roster get whacked with penalties if he retires before that contract expires. Capologists help me out, but I think it gets worse the longer the contract goes.

Edit: I apologize, I had no idea he is about to be bought out. I didn't see that news on that in the thread. I'm still against it.

He is being bought out by LA.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Mike Richards best chance to stick in the NHL is to reinvent himself the way Kirk Muller did.

I don't think that's a particular need of this team right now - especially with Moore and possibly Lindberg on the roster.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He is more overdone than the lamb my grandmother makes every year on Easter.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
Apparently Oscar Lindberg is supposed to be a great faceoff guy, and he is probably NHL ready. I think it makes sense to give him a shot. Mike Richards at this point seems like he would be another Chris Mueller - no thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad