Why is the NHL leader in Corsi For% a healthy scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Clendening leads the NHL in Corsi For%(CF%).http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...aters&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

I mean AV does some weird stuff but what the hell? Clendening has been a possesion monster, very good puckmover and can contribute on the PP.

vampire-dan3.jpg

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It is possible that AV wants to play everyone or is showcasing someone as well. Or Clendening may have been a bit banged up and AV may have seen it as an opportunity to give him a rest on a back-to-back

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Who knows. There are a lot of things that go on that the public never hears about.

I don't think this is special enough to warrant it's own thread though...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Clendening leads the NHL in Corsi For%(CF%).http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...aters&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

I mean AV does some weird stuff but what the hell? Clendening has been a possesion monster, very good puckmover and can contribute on the PP.

Clendening hasn't actually put up any power play production yet. He's had one assist off a pass he made from the defensive zone up to another player who actually made the play that led to the goal.

The Rangers have been reluctant to use him in certain situations such as the penalty kill or the last minutes when it's close which leads me to think that the coaching staff doesn't trust him defensively.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Does not make it logical, at least by my logic.

Staal and Klein looked poor
Holden not great on weak side and too high on depth chart

Last night pretty much everyone looked average or bad but thats to be expected since it was a back to back game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad