Why is the Final only 1 game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Nazzy-19 said:
Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. But seriously, would you have preferred a 3 game series or just 1 game.

Depends if my prefered team wins the first game. :joker:

Players probably didn't want too long a series. After all this is eating into their holidays.

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
me2 said:

Players probably didn't want too long a series. After all this is eating into their holidays.

I think they're going have an extended holiday this year. Some of them will be vacationing in Europe.

PapaBear*

me2 said:

oh puh lze, and im sure they badly need the paycheques.

PapaBear*

Nazzy-19 said:
I think they're going have an extended holiday this year. Some of them will be vacationing in Europe.

god what a stressful life for hockey players.

BCCHL inactive

Nazzy-19 said:
Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. But seriously, would you have preferred a 3 game series or just 1 game.

I'm mixed on the issue. There are really no cons to either, but each have pros that make you think.

Pro of a series: To win a series, your team has to play their absolute best at some point.

Pro of a one-game final: You have no choice but to play your best, or else you're ****ed.

Given that, I will go with this logic: Short tournament, short final (one-game)....Long, grueling season..Long, grueling final series.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Would a 7 game Stanley cup final make sense if the 1st 3 rounds where 1 game knockouts? If they have a 3 or 5 game final then it is almost automatic to have a 3 or 5 game semi series. Then you are back to the Qtrs, and if the semis-final are 3 games each then it makes no sense to have a knock out Qtr final game.

Suddenly what was a simple 3 games becomes 9 or 15 games.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
me2 said:
Would a 7 game Stanley cup final make sense if the 1st 3 rounds where 1 game knockouts? If they have a 3 or 5 game final then it is almost automatic to have a 3 or 5 game semi series. Then you are back to the Qtrs, and if the semis-final are 3 games each then it makes no sense to have a knock out Qtr final game.

Suddenly what was a simple 3 games becomes 9 or 15 games.

Ill take it at the best of 7, how it is. One Game Knockouts will never happen, because owners rely on Playoff Revenue to make money.

And it was probobly changed to one game to keep ESPN happy.

And I liked the best of 3 series. It was a nice change of pace from normal international tournaments....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad