Rumor: Why is it Toronto is ALWAYS rumoured for every single player available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
For an organization that hasn't won since 1967, hasn't really been relevant for over a dozen years, why are they ALWAYS mentioned as a 'possible' team involved in every player that comes available? Kyle Dubas is the ONLY GM out there working that phones, more like working his fantasy phones. All 30(soon to be 31) other teams are not interested in 'helping' the Leafs out. Not when you sign three players going from entry level contracts to tens of millions of dollars...reward players after they win, not before. Just kills me that every single rumour included Toronto 100% of the time. Must suck to be a fan from Canada of any other Canadian team other than the Leafs. I'm Canadian and I cheer for Chicago. Ugh!

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
biggest market in canada, therefore get most of the media coverage. I'm guessing Leafs have the most fans on HF boards is another reason why there are more Leaf threads then Coyote threads. simply the nature of the beast.

Reactions: banks

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Click bait for increased site traffic = more money. Toronto's fan base is massive and trumps all the others - leading to way more media coverage, which is very annoying for the other Canadian fan basis and a big reason why Toronto and their fans get shit on.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Clicks. Views. Largest fanbase tends to lead to those things. Plus the big two Canadian sports networks are both based out of Toronto. No mystery here. It's annoying, but its no different than MLB having more stories about the Yankees than anyone else, or the NFL having more stories about the Cowboys and Patriots than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille