Speculation: Why Does Martin Chromiak Remain Unsigned?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
So its OK that the team low balls a player regardless of worth...good Luck with those kinds of negotiations...it will land the team in the "toilet bowl" for decades

Kings had one option to present. An ELC. You're wrong for the 1000th time.

Reactions: Deaders Ghost

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I'm not gonna worry about it.

Scenario 1: They sign him.
Scenario 2: He refuses to sign with the Kings. Not much the Kings can do in that scenario. Hopefully recoup a late round draft pick in a trade.
Scenario 3: The Kings don't feel he's worth an entry level contract. I don't pretend to know better than professional talent evaluators so I trust their judgement.

In all three cases I feel like any time spent thinking, analyzing or worrying about it is completely wasted. Either they sign him which instantly invalidates all speculation, or they don't which will be for a good reason.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Martin Chromiak is the best Junior aged player from Slovakia in a long,long while!!!I expect a 50-50 or 60-60 goal/assist campaign at Kingston if he remains committed to the CHL and not the pro ranks?

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I'm not gonna worry about it.

Scenario 1: They sign him.
Scenario 2: He refuses to sign with the Kings. Not much the Kings can do in that scenario. Hopefully recoup a late round draft pick in a trade.
Scenario 3: The Kings don't feel he's worth an entry level contract. I don't pretend to know better than professional talent evaluators so I trust their judgement.

In all three cases I feel like any time spent thinking, analyzing or worrying about it is completely wasted. Either they sign him which instantly invalidates all speculation, or they don't which will be for a good reason.
If a talented player wants more money/dinaros/Lira/Euro...you give it to him and make him happy and not another PR nightmare of pure brains over pure stupidity!!!Losers make excuses not Winners!!!Kings are to sit on their Thrones not waddle and quibble,jostle,quarrel,fight, and they pile on and on...A losers motto,quit when I could Win!!!

Token

May 15, 2019
It seems that as the Kings highly rated prospect pipeline grows, that players like Chromiak, Simontaival and Nousiainen are hesitant to sign ELC contracts with a team that they don’t feel they would be very high on the depth chart with. That there are better opportunities in Europe or by re-entering the NHL draft. That is the whole point of discussion in this thread.
I’m sorry to be a bit crass here, but where are you getting this inside information on the pleasures/displeasures of the prospects?

Yeah, there are dates and deadlines that are legit, but then there is this whole section on billet families, signing bonus, some perceived angst about competition … that quite frankly sounds like you’re pulling out of your … imagination.

Where is the facts brah? Where does this deep insight come from?

Please educate me, cuz all I see is just spitball and guessing.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Re: this thread

The Moverare contract puts the Kings at 50.

Until players are assigned to junior, they cannot slide.

The Kings cannot sign Chromiak until they get rid of a contract.

We have a winner! They are always going to sign their top picks first, be it Clarke or Helenius this year or Grans from 2020.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Massive inflation, global health pandemics, corrupt corporate media, historic droughts and wildfires, suppression of individual liberty by multinational corporations, balkanization, social media destroying the fabric of society, failed public education system, and massive wealth inequality. All minor problems when compared to Chromiak not being signed and re-entering the draft!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019

Pretty sure LA will get rid of one or more of Lizotte,Wagner,Lemieux

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Massive inflation, global health pandemics, corrupt corporate media, historic droughts and wildfires, suppression of individual liberty by multinational corporations, balkanization, social media destroying the fabric of society, failed public education system, and massive wealth inequality. All minor problems when compared to Chromiak not being signed and re-entering the draft!
The Earth and some of its inhabitants sure do have a lot problems inflicted upon it

Token

May 15, 2019
You do understand that half that stuff doesn’t apply to the world at large, right?
;)

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

But his signing rights expire June 1, 2022. And because he is still 19, his contract would be slide eligible so it won’t count against the limit of 50 till the 2022-33 season.

So which is it? I thought the 50 contract limit counted but now I’m confused, it’s 7am and I’m too tired to look it up :help::huh:

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019

And yet here you are commenting...

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So its OK that the team low balls a player regardless of worth...good Luck with those kinds of negotiations...it will land the team in the "toilet bowl" for decades

The Kings are signing guys all the time. Guys with more pedigree than Chromiak. What are you talking about?

If a talented player wants more money/dinaros/Lira/Euro...you give it to him and make him happy and not another PR nightmare of pure brains over pure stupidity!!!Losers make excuses not Winners!!!Kings are to sit on their Thrones not waddle and quibble,jostle,quarrel,fight, and they pile on and on...A losers motto,quit when I could Win!!!

What PR nightmare are you talking about? You seem to inflate the significance of all these things.

tilting_windmills__gilling_windmills_1968_home.jpg

Pretty sure LA will get rid of one or more of Lizotte,Wagner,Lemieux

Easier said than done. They already recently re-signed Lizotte. Every team is littered with guys like those 3. Maybe during the year when other teams suffer injuries, but in Aug, Sept, Oct? 4th line fodder isn't exactly in demand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad