Player Discussion Whose your 5th OA pick?

Whose your 5th Overall pick?

• Zach Benson

Votes: 26 6.9%
  • Will Smith

Votes: 92 24.4%
  • David Reinbacher

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • Olivier Moore

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Matvei Mitchkov

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Ryan Leonard

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I want a highly skilled forward with the Habs 1st pick (especially if they stay top 5) so if the Habs stay at 5 I'm hoping for either Smith or Michkov (if he drops out of the top 4).

Unfortunately I'm expecting the Habs to drop 1 spot and draft 6th so leaning toward Benson right now at 6th but would be ok with the dman Reinbacher there but would still prefer a highly skilled forward instead.

Clippy

Sep 22, 2011
I think Michkov is the right pick. Not only does he have the highest ceiling, I think concerns of his availability are actually a blessing in disguise. It gives time for the team to solidify its defense before he is inserted in the lineup

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Michov, if he's available... Think big !
1663014384-ahi-pince-mais.png

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I love Benson but I am worried about his size in the NHL and I think Smith may be a better and safer option because of his size, which should enable him to be more effective, especially in playoffs.

I could be wrong, and I know Benson has a great motor, but he is 5ft9 last I checked, and Smith is 6ft.

Reactions: Scriptor

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
It's michkov. Habs pretty much have their future top 6 with PLD being a probably pickup so the risk is well worth it especially if he comes over in a few years on an ELC when the Habs are starting to compete. Plus he's by far the 2nd most talented player in the draft so there's that

I would like to see the Habs try to move up with the other Florida pick tho. Maybe get into that top 15 cause there's bound to be someone who drops in the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad