who's your 1st overall pick?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by habsforlife, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habsforlife

habsforlife Registered User

all over the years. who would it be?
    Lemieux? Lecavalier? Lindros? Crosby? Ovechkin? kovalchuk? nash? daigle? any other one?

play it honnestly, your not supposed to know what theyve reached!

as if lemieux as an exemple didnt played yet in the nhl. understand?

2. boredmale

boredmale Registered User

on the basis of Hype before the draft since i started watching the draft(89)

1. Lindros - "the next one", way they talked about him, unless he finished top 5 in scoring every year it would be a dissapointment

2. Crosby - mosted hyped player next to Lindors, least this time around you might get the person saying he will be good, but to say he is going to be gretzky is stretching it

3. Thorton - lots of hype surrounding him, but it was more cautious then the above 2

4. Ovachekin - hype may have been overshadowed by canadian Crosby being in the next years draft, still up there.

the rest of the drafts had there share of hype but no one to the degree of these 4 guys.

3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Registered User

Home Page:
    Guy Lafleur.

Second place: Mario Lemieux.

4. Big Phil

Big Phil Registered User

#1 Mario Lemieux - Never has there ever been a guy hyped up to be so big, remember no one thought Gretzky the "skinny kid" was going to dominate Hockey

#2 Guy Lafleur - Was expected right away to replace Jean Beliveau, talk about pressure

#3a Eric Lindros - Was always hyped up to be the Next One. He had size skill and scoring ability so he was a cant miss.

#3b Sidney Crosby - Too close with Lindros so I tied them up. May not have Lindros' physical edge but beats him in on ice vision and scoring

#5 Vincent Lecavalier - He too was head and shoulders above everyone in his draft class. The only one who was close to him at the time was Legwand. His skill and talent didnt come around very often so it was exciting to see his potential

#6 Ilya Kovalchuk - Surprised people have him rated above Ovechkin. Remember in '01 Spezza was supposed to be a for sure #1 pick but then Kovalchuk schooled him that year. It was argued at the time that he was the most hyped up prospect since Lindros

5. Kugel

Kugel Registered User

this is just on how i remember it, was to young to follow hockey with mario and guy got drafted. on hype i would say this.

1) Crosby - just on how big sports r today and how he is going to save the pens and the NHL...plus with the internet something that wasnt htere with lindros.

2) Lindros - he was the NEXT ONE

3) Ovachkin - he was the best prospect since lindros

4) Lecaviler - was supposed to be jean beleiveau or guy lafluer

5) kovalchuk - a big fast russina, not much hype cause spezza got most of it.

6) thorton - not much hype

6. espo*

espo* Guest

Aw,Lemieux.Just watching him play would have told you to pick the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.