Who's To Blame For Penguins Debacle?

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Just a fact:

1) The NFL rule about taping coaches from certain areas was not made until 2006. Patriots 1st 3 SBs came before taping coaches from certain points was illegal. You are factually incorrect.

Furthermore, "taping" coaches wasn't illegal even after the fact. What was illegal was using it during games (which the Patriots were not shown to have done) and doing it from certain prohibited areas, which they were guilty of.

They won NO Super Bowls when this was a rule. Your point needs an asterisk.

2) Deflategate- Little known fact: The refs only measured 4 Colts balls at halftime (while measuring 11 Patriots balls). 3 of the Colts balls were below the required 12.5 psi required. Either the Colts were "cheating" or the balls naturally lost air due to the ideal gas law. Furthermore, the refs reinflated the Patriots balls (no mention if they reinflated the Colts balls, meaning the league may have knowingly let the Colts use illegal balls).

Brady's stats in the 2nd half? 12-14 131 yards 2 TDs. And of course no evidence has ever been shown that the Super Bowl game had balls below the required psi, so the Super Bowl win is valid.... unlike your weak, uninformed argument.

3)PEDs? Seriously? PHI- Lane Johnson 10 game suspenion for PEDs, Denver- Derek Wolfe suspended 4 games for PEDs, SEA- Bruce Irvin suspended for PEDs, BAL- Asa Jackson suspended for PEDs. I can keep going.

I take back my 1.5/10 troll score.

.5/10
The Patriots think they are in the FBI/CIA. Cheating to win is ingrained into their coach's DNA.

Reactions: Loseipeg

Crow

May 19, 2014
I think they are just not that good of a team right now. Don’t see a debacle. Borderline playoff team. I think I even picked them to miss.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What a surprise, another game where they can't manage to score a goal.

Like I've already said in this thread, this result was super predictable if you thought the Penguins wouldn't "turn on a switch" in the playoffs. The team couldn't score at all to end the year and were carried mostly by Murray.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
The best players on the team looked like they didn't give a shit. That might be part of it .

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Oh well.

The nice thing about Pittsburgh is that they can come back next year and be serious contenders to win it all. I'm sure they need to make some tweaks here and there - but while Crosby/Malkin are still around i don't think it's that difficult to envision them winning another cup as early as next year

Tampa....is different. Never won and biggest choke job in NHL history. I don't even know what their fans are thinking now. At least Penguins seemed to battle and try really hard. To be fair i didn't watch all the games - but from what i saw they were much closer.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Rutherford. I'll give him some credit for the cups but I have a feeling Botterill was behind much of that success.

Rutherford's failed to replenish here and the team isn't as fast as it should be imo. I don't think that Sullivan has the tools to beat such a defensively fortified team like NYI, they probably would have lost to Columbus in similar fashion as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad