Who's the Canes' MVP at the halfway point

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
CM Punk is bang on.

Staal is lifting Semin as much as the other way around. For evidence, see Semin's last season in Wash. Better yet, don't.

I do agree with you that Staal is lifting Semin as much as the other way around, so don't think I am arguing with you here :laugh:

Syomin was actually quiet good at Washington last season, except for around the first 30 games. He had 43 points in his last 50 games of the season with Washington, playing mostly with Chimera and Perreault. Not bad in my opinion.

Still was +9 for the entire season, in fact Syomin has not been in the negative since 2008. Staal was -20 last season and -10 the season before that.

Both definitely complement one another, although I think Syomin edges it at the moment. Like I said in my previous post I think we have yet to see the best from Syomin this season, I also think we have yet to see the best from this line this season :yo:

sticknpuck

Mar 3, 2013
(Ice) Cap City
twitter.com
If I weren't a rookie, I would vote for Semin.
Seeing how our team suffers when he decides not to show up for some games really shows how valuable he is to our first line.

I wish he would show up for all games and the sweet TEA would be unstoppable. Hope JR re-signs him.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
Our lines without Eric:

Tlusty - Staal - Semin
Skinner - Jokinen - Dwyer
Bowman - Nash - Wallace
Westgarth - Brent - Larose

I have to admit to being a bit intrigued about seeing JStaal center Tlusty and Semin. That would be interesting.

If I weren't a rookie, I would vote for Semin.
Seeing how our team suffers when he decides not to show up for some games really shows how valuable he is to our first line.

I wish he would show up for all games and the sweet TEA would be unstoppable. Hope JR re-signs him.

If Eric could be motivated every game of every season, the guy would be top-5 in the league. I'd put him as a top-10 player, anyway, but the only knock on him is - he needs a situation like this year to get himself hyped and playing as he is capable.

Some players are "on" all the time, but Eric has a switch. I do think Muller is motivating him more than previous coaches. Plus the awesome linemates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad