Who's going to the home opener?

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I don't go to home openers (unless their D-Backs), but with the Coyotes hosting the expansion Vegas Golden Knights, I wanted to go to this year's Yotes opener. Dad got tickets in the upper deck (somehow during the presale, don't ask), so hopefully, if traffic behaves, I will go to my first home opener for the Coyotes this October.

Who else will go to the home opener this October?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I really should. I didn't go to a single game last season out of spite. They gave me everything I wanted this summer, so they've probably earned back some of my business. At least the benefit of the doubt of my prospective business. The atmosphere should be fun and I think I'd have a great time. Should be worth the money and the drive out (I live next to the San Tan Mall). Having said that, my second child is due to be born on October 1st. If he comes at least 3-4 days early I'll probably go. Otherwise I'll probably sleep. Haha.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I don't miss

Unless Im puking.

Not a good enough excuse; it could lend to the atmosphere...

Raanta lets in a soft goal, Spirit goes on a vomitous rage. :)

I'll be there via streaming to catch it, but that means I'll only see the game; hopefully it goes well.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Haven't ruled out going yet..... because it's Vegas. Odds are though I'll try to catch a game or two later in the season after I get the Brady Bunch out of my house again.

Feb 12, 2003
We are not only going but taking up the home at home by going to the opener in Vegas against the Coyotes. I am really excited for the team this year because they did everything I have been asking for this off-season. I would get season tickets if I had the time and people to go with, so I am settling with going to what games I can this year. Last year I could only stomach going to one game, and the same the year before.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I would love to go, but the only way I'll be guaranteed to go is if they retire Doan's jersey at that game. Otherwise, too much other real life stuff getting in the way of going to hockey games right now. :(

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Don't think I'll be in a position to since I live out of town now, but I'll make an effort to catch a few later on in the season. Probably some weekend games in the winter to escape the snow in Payson.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'll be there with a few others. I haven't bought tickets directly from the team in a while outside of reply buy, but since I've loved the off season moves I'll go through the team a lot more this year.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I will be there. Still haven't decided if I'm going to buy one of the new white jerseys. Still hate the new red ones but I've moved to neutral on the white.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
It may be the opener but it'll be easy to get good seats since it's Vegas. They don't have a fan base here. I might pass on this one for a better opponent. I'd rather see the Blackhawks two weeks later or Dallas on the 19th.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I will be there. Still haven't decided if I'm going to buy one of the new white jerseys. Still hate the new red ones but I've moved to neutral on the white.

If they went back to the kachinas I'd get pocket burn from yanking out my wallet too quickly. These new ones are better than the pajama reds, but not by enough for me.

Also they need to sell the throwback black kachinas in 3X, I like my jerseys baggy.

Or maybe not. I went through the entire buying process through Ticketmaster, and last second they throw in almost $20 in fees per ticket. **** that. At the very least show that garbage up front. I called my ticket rep, hopefully through the team those feels don't exist, or are at least reasonable.

I'll never understand this last minute ******** some companies do. Hey this ticket costs X. Yes I want that. Ok, how many, now enter your info, now before you press buy here's some surprise last second ******** charges? You still in? Hell to the no.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I'll be in 222 Row L. Seat unknown at this time.

Edit: A warning to those who may be looking to StubHub. I just purchased the ticket above from a user now selling 1-6 tickets for 222/L for $34 each. This seller is using Ticketmaster to distribute. My ticket will not be available until 10/3 and I am obligated to establish a Ticketmaster account and download their app for ticket presentation at the game. I was not aware of these obligations until receiving a confirmation e-mail. This is the most convoluted process I've encountered on StubHub. I either have a physical ticket mailed or an electronic download within minutes.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Haven't bought my tickets this year yet, but planning on doing so next week. Opener looks like the most appealing game in October so I should be there.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
We are not only going but taking up the home at home by going to the opener in Vegas against the Coyotes. I am really excited for the team this year because they did everything I have been asking for this off-season. I would get season tickets if I had the time and people to go with, so I am settling with going to what games I can this year. Last year I could only stomach going to one game, and the same the year before.

Hey I'll be in Vegas too. Should grab a drink there!

I'll be at both, this is my first year as a season ticket holder, and I'm stoked!

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If they went back to the kachinas I'd get pocket burn from yanking out my wallet too quickly. These new ones are better than the pajama reds, but not by enough for me.

Also they need to sell the throwback black kachinas in 3X, I like my jerseys baggy.

Or maybe not. I went through the entire buying process through Ticketmaster, and last second they throw in almost $20 in fees per ticket. **** that. At the very least show that garbage up front. I called my ticket rep, hopefully through the team those feels don't exist, or are at least reasonable.

I'll never understand this last minute ******** some companies do. Hey this ticket costs X. Yes I want that. Ok, how many, now enter your info, now before you press buy here's some surprise last second ******** charges? You still in? Hell to the no.

Yeah those extra charges are complete BS. Why should you have to pay them buying right from the team sight? I buy almost solely on Seat Geek. Just make sure you hit the button that shows the final price for the tickets with fees. It's usually way cheaper than buying on the team's site.

I have a black and white Kachina but I want them personalized. I contacted that site that someone pointed me to here but she wants $75 each. I may do that anyway. Can't decide. Check eBay. You may be able to find some 3x's there.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yeah those extra charges are complete BS. Why should you have to pay them buying right from the team sight? I buy almost solely on Seat Geek. Just make sure you hit the button that shows the final price for the tickets with fees. It's usually way cheaper than buying on the team's site.

I have a black and white Kachina but I want them personalized. I contacted that site that someone pointed me to here but she wants $75 each. I may do that anyway. Can't decide. Check eBay. You may be able to find some 3x's there.
Yeah I've used seat geek and stub hub a lot in the past, I was wanting to buy directly from the team, but not with that ******** attached. For a while I was checking eBay regularly, I stopped after a while though.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yeah I've used seat geek and stub hub a lot in the past, I was wanting to buy directly from the team, but not with that ******** attached. For a while I was checking eBay regularly, I stopped after a while though.

I had my black Kachina from way back when they used to wear them. I bought an old white Kachina (so the good material that doesn't fall apart like the Reeboks) on eBay for $30 and it looks brand new.

Here's a 2xl for $20: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Vintage...934596?hash=item212d2e5f84:g:zAEAAOSwmZFZpxKa

Didn't see a 3xl with just a quick peek.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I had my black Kachina from way back when they used to wear them. I bought an old white Kachina (so the good material that doesn't fall apart like the Reeboks) on eBay for $30 and it looks brand new.

Here's a 2xl for $20: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Vintage...934596?hash=item212d2e5f84:g:zAEAAOSwmZFZpxKa

Didn't see a 3xl with just a quick peek.
Not bad, iirc the 2x throwback ones at the team shop were pretty big, I'll probably just grab one of those eventually, I'd just prefer a 3x and know that the week after I buy one they'll release a 3x version.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I have my tickets for opening night. Went to the arena box office and avoided the ridiculous Ticketmaster fees. Four tickets, four soda and Coyote dog vouchers, $119.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I have my tickets for opening night. Went to the arena box office and avoided the ridiculous Ticketmaster fees. Four tickets, four soda and Coyote dog vouchers, $119.

I may end up just doing that, I'll be in the westgate area tomorrow anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad