Speculation: Who's going to start in Goal tonight - register your prediction !

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i'm still on team reimer. he's had a rough few games, but i think he can turn it around. he's a great goalie... he just needs a win or two to get back on track.

the leafs haven't actually been playing too horribly over the past 4 games... luck just wasn't going our way. we're still a strong team.

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada
this fanbase lol. reimer has a stretch of a bad couple weeks after singlehandedly dragging us to the playoffs last year and we want to give up on him.

yes he had a ****** game. every goalie has ****** games from time to time.

that said, given that it's a b2b, starting mac would be okay i guess, but imo a tired JR is better than mac any day

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Reimer is on the verge of singlehandedly blowing the year for us. Every good team starts with a great goalie and he's not up to the task.

KlaxicoBurress

Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, ON
Sure, no doubt. Sometimes goaltenders allow goals they should have had. Both of ours have done it.

Reimer more so than Bernier.

Would he? Pre-Olympic break, I'd have said sure, but post-break, I'm not sold. He's let in some stinkers, too.

Yeah sure Bernier has, but he doesn't get beat in the middle of the net as often, doesn't overplay the puck as often, knows where the puck is most of the time unlike Reimer, has better rebound control, handles the puck better, has a better glove, etc.

Sorry, I thought the argument being made was that it was "hard to score goals when you give up three". Besides, I'm pretty sure 'shots through a screen' and 'doorstep' goals (remember how we let Stamkos get three?) haven't been passes for Reimer in the other games, but I won't get into that.

Versus TB, Reimer let in a 40ft goal where the "screen" was so far away that he had so much time to react to make a save, but alas, it finds the back of the net and the Leafs are down a goal a minute into the damn game.

The shots we gave up versus Montreal I would take any day if those were their best scoring chances. Wristers from 25-30 feet. Why? Because those are routine saves a #1 goalie is supposed to make. The 4th and eventual game winning goal? He was there in plenty of time but as we've seen from Reimer his entire career, pucks go through him as there are literally dozens of holes in his game.

How anyone can defend how Reimer's played the past week is beyond me. The defense is all-league bad, but the shots he's let in have been saveable. And when you talk like you're a #1 goalie, and when you don't take accountability for the softies you've let in, and when you smirk in your post game interviews after the biggest losses of the season, you deserve to be chastised.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
More Reimer votes lately ...
attachment.php

Attachments

• reimer.is.picking.up.speed.jpg
    reimer.is.picking.up.speed.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 36

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
this fanbase lol. reimer has a stretch of a bad couple weeks after singlehandedly dragging us to the playoffs last year and we want to give up on him.

that said, given that it's a b2b, starting mac would be okay i guess, but imo a tired JR is better than mac any day

He had a bunch of **** games in a row.

pacdunes

Jan 24, 2011
Arizona & San Fran
Actually, after the first two goals last night, Reimer settled down and played pretty well, allowing only one goal in the last two and a half periods. He did make a lot of nice saves during that stretch, although I'm sure everyone is still thinking on the last goal by Plekanac.
So to summarize, 3 questionable goals, followed by Reimer finally settling down. So we should have won by 2, 3-1. Thanks Reimer for another great game.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It has to be Reimer over a AHL goalie.

Got to give Reimer the chance to redeem himself, he got us there last year.

cack

Jul 30, 2013
It is not a hard decision to start MacIntyre today, the team is in the midst of fighting for their playoff lives and Reimer is playing terrible.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
Oh boy. So your saying Bernier wouldn't have those because of his state? His play hasn't even been bad at all since the NYR game like your making it to be. He may very well be in a slump. Would I trust that he puts up a sv% of .925 or whatever his average was after the olympic break. I would go for the first one.

Ah, yes.

Bernier's post-break .913, dramatically better than Reimer's .906 over his last five (okay, it's .899 including San Jose, but everyone seems to agree they completely **** the bed in that one and it's the one game people aren't blaming him for), especially considering the opposition.

How anyone can defend how Reimer's played the past week is beyond me. The defense is all-league bad, but the shots he's let in have been saveable. And when you talk like you're a #1 goalie, and when you don't take accountability for the softies you've let in, and when you smirk in your post game interviews after the biggest losses of the season, you deserve to be chastised.

At some point people will start to rub two brain cells together long enough to figure out I'm not saying Reimer's play has been perfect, but that Bernier's has been equally lackluster and that the team isn't doing them any favours -- though they are scoring the extra goal that covers up for Bernier's SV%. They've both let in 'saveable' shots and have both been middling at best since the Olympic break, but everyone's selling Reimer out while lauding Bernier's equally tepid performance (I'll keep pointing to the SHGs and blown third period leads in addition to the 'down 2-0' thing everyone is griefing Reimer for).

The team has sucked, including Reimer, and including Bernier.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011

Single handedly? Lol wow. I think it was the other way around.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Ah, yes.

Bernier's post-break .913, dramatically better than Reimer's .906 over his last five (okay, it's .899 including San Jose, but everyone seems to agree they completely **** the bed in that one and it's the one game people aren't blaming him for), especially considering the opposition.

At some point people will start to rub two brain cells together long enough to figure out I'm not saying Reimer's play has been perfect, but that Bernier's has been equally lackluster and that the team isn't doing them any favours -- though they are scoring the extra goal that covers up for Bernier's SV%. They've both let in 'saveable' shots and have both been middling at best since the Olympic break, but everyone's selling Reimer out while lauding Bernier's equally tepid performance (I'll keep pointing to the SHGs and blown third period leads in addition to the 'down 2-0' thing everyone is griefing Reimer for).

Team goals and berniers save % have no corelation. Youd have an argument if their save %'s werent .25 apart smh lol.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
It is not a hard decision to start MacIntyre today, the team is in the midst of fighting for their playoff lives and Reimer is playing terrible.

Really? MacIntyre has 4 career NHL games. Much more likely he ***** the bed than Reimer.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Ah, yes.

So you can excuse reimer for a bad game to support your argument? Why not give bernier the same luxury?

Save % is .899 without you fixing numbers in your favour. You also left out their respective records in that time frame.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It has to be Reimer over a AHL goalie.

Got to give Reimer the chance to redeem himself, he got us there last year.

Reimer is cooked, forget him especially after the April tweets its just a recipe for disaster.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
So you can excuse reimer for a bad game to support your argument? Why not give bernier the same luxury?

Save % is .899 without you fixing numbers in your favour. You also left out their respective records in that time frame.

I've put in the records in a number of posts. Bernier's record is better because of extra goal support taking four games to OT -- his SV% in those games was about .894, by the way.

I only 'excluded' SJS in the calculation (you know, aside from giving the total with it immediately afterward) because it's the one game everyone here wrote off at the time as being completely blown by the team and not 'on' Reimer.

cack

Jul 30, 2013
Really? MacIntyre has 4 career NHL games. Much more likely he ***** the bed than Reimer.

It is a lot more likely the goalie who has been playing like garbage under pressure continues to play like garbage under pressure. It is also back to back games, the team is coming off four straight losses riding Reimer and Reimer's brain is toast.

The Leafs cannot afford to play Russian roulette starting Reimer again when the teams playoff lives are on the line.

nussell

Nov 29, 2013
Ontario
Actually, after the first two goals last night, Reimer settled down and played pretty well, allowing only one goal in the last two and a half periods. He did make a lot of nice saves during that stretch, although I'm sure everyone is still thinking on the last goal by Plekanac.

We should have won 3-1. He played like **** the last 4 games he is 1-8-0 with a .822 save % in his last nine

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

The ship on Reimer has sailed man, he hasnt been good since the LA game, maybe the Detroit game he was decent(but let in one somewhat soft goal)

the past 3 games we've given lots of puck support, but he's let in the first few shots of the game within like 2-3 minutes into the game, that's ridiculously difficult for the team to come back from.

I havent seen him make a big save in about 5 games now.

Try macintyre, at least teams dont have the scouting report on this guy as much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad