OT: Who's getting NHL 14 tomorrow? :)

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Sooo in your starter pack you are given 3 players from your favourite team.

On my first account, I got White, Moen & Desharnais. Fair enough.

On my second account, I got White, Moen.... & Benoit Pouliot.

Huh?
EA. Same old BS as 20 years ago.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Created a power forward in ''living the life'' mode, put in fights often. Should have never done that, I have to fight nearly everytime I make a big hit. I was expecting 1 fight per game, I have to fight about 4-5 times per game. Going to create another guy now, good thing I only played 5 games. Pretty fun game though, the passing has improved.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
How so? I'm curious, because I haven't bought a copy of NHL XX since the Genesis days (guilty of pirate downloading instead over the years), but I'm considering buying this one primarily to support the inclusion of the anniversary '94 mode. I love the evolution of control, graphics, and "feel" over the years, but games were never as fun for me as back in the "simple" '93 (blood, broken/bent limbs)/94 days. There's a reason why '94 is the only version of the game with a dedicated website for playing an online version of it.

If you're only buying it for nhl '94 mode, don't. It's not NHL '94. It's hipster NHL 14 trying to be NHL '94. They just tweaked the sliders, turned off some rules and painted the ice blue. Oh, and the star icons. You could pretty much do the same thing last year in NHL 13.

I was supposed to get it today but it's still in Ontario...

There are EB games, futureshops, best buys all over this glorious city, you know.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Is there a way to turtle in fights? It didn't work in the demo. Or is there a way to just not accept the fight? Did they at least make it an instigator? I don't want to fight with players that don't fight. Getting stuck in that stupid auto drop the gloves thing is so dumb.. Should be able to skate away or at the very least still be able to turtle :laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If you're only buying it for nhl '94 mode, don't. It's not NHL '94. It's hipster NHL 14 trying to be NHL '94. They just tweaked the sliders, turned off some rules and painted the ice blue. Oh, and the star icons. You could pretty much do the same thing last year in NHL 13.

There are EB games, futureshops, best buys all over this glorious city, you know.

Had school, so didn't bother. I got it day of last year.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Won't get it this year because I pre-ordered my PS4 and they are not going to release it on the new consoles.

Can't wait for NHL15 on the new hardware tough!

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Really dislike the very little improvements.
Still bought it.

I dont think I'll be playing much of it after GTA comes out...

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Sooo in your starter pack you are given 3 players from your favourite team.

On my first account, I got White, Moen & Desharnais. Fair enough.

On my second account, I got White, Moen.... & Benoit Pouliot.

Huh?
I think it's 2 players from your favorite team with the possibility of a 3rd. I got Moen, White and Wideman. My buddy who's a Boston fan got Paille, Kelly and someone from the Oilers.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Really dislike the very little improvements.
Still bought it.

I dont think I'll be playing much of it after GTA comes out...

The only thing it's good for is online. Other than that, I question the sanity of those who play solely offline the same game continuously.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Nah... I think GTA V is going to be the last game I ever buy. Maybe the new Call Of Duty. Not going to bother with the next generation consoles.

Considering hanging up my controller, I guess, hehe.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Not quite sure if you know what the meaning of the word 'objective' is when you're giving credit for that ********. The 94 mode is a joke.
Some people were saying EA doesn't do any changes and I gave an example that says they do and give them credit for it.

It's a matter of opinion as to whether it's any good. But there's no need to be quite rude and to throw some crabby attitude around if you happen to disagree with me.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Overlordz crabby attitude is not really an attitude.. he's always like this.

Lafontaine

May 6, 2002
Visit site

What do you mean all they did was change some sliders? So the game play isn't actually an NHL94 revamp? Is it literally just the same engine with some setting tweaks and blue ice? I was extremely excited for the full retro version.

Was going to head out and buy it, but now I'm not sure. Can you do NHL94 in GM mode? Any chance there is multi-player offline GM mode?

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
Have they modelled some new faces in the habs this year? (Galchenyuk/Gallagher/Eller?) I know last year they had Pleks, Patches, Subban, Gionta, Brière and Price's faces done. This is my main pet peeve of the NHL series. Seeing all these random faces really kills the authencity of the game.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
You don't see the faces while your playing, so if you're that easily taken out of a game...

I'm installing the game as we speak. Anxious to start playing. :)

Delat

Oct 9, 2006
I'll get it tomorrow, the PS3 league we had last year was awesome. I couldn't play the last season, but the guys that were in the league were nice.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
What do you mean all they did was change some sliders? So the game play isn't actually an NHL94 revamp? Is it literally just the same engine with some setting tweaks and blue ice? I was extremely excited for the full retro version.

Was going to head out and buy it, but now I'm not sure. Can you do NHL94 in GM mode? Any chance there is multi-player offline GM mode?
You're not getting the retro version. you're literally getting nhl14 with tinted ice, boosted sliders and the old controls.

I don't think you can do NHL94 in BAGM. And I don't think you can do multiplayer offline BAGM, but I'm not 100% sure.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Have they modelled some new faces in the habs this year? (Galchenyuk/Gallagher/Eller?) I know last year they had Pleks, Patches, Subban, Gionta, Brière and Price's faces done. This is my main pet peeve of the NHL series. Seeing all these random faces really kills the authencity of the game.

Gallys faces are added.
None for Eller.
I think I saw Desharnais with a new gameface but I cannot confirm that.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Got yesterday after work. Played one online verses game and it was really fun, but it was a 1 touch deke fest and that got annoying real quick, guy was just chaining 1 touch dekes all the way down the ice everytime he had possession :facepalm:

Played 3 EASHL drop in games (5 if you count the two that froze half way through.) Had a couple really fun games but its absolutely ridiculous that there are Legend 3s already.

Wanted to start an offline GM mode but its going to take me two weeks to edit the players and prospects properly. I'm 100% confident that EA could pick up the average hockey fan and pay him for 1 day and they could make more realistic ratings and rosters. (Especially when it comes to prospects and young players.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad