Speculation: Who's getting bought out?

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Olli Maatta and potentially Zack Smith. Maatta would be a nice pick up, just not worth that kind of money as a num 5 D.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
For the sabres I have Carter Hutton

You save $900K just by burying him in ROC making his cap hit $1.8M for this year.

If they buy him out his cap hit is just under $1M this year ($920K?), when we don't really need the space desperately, but also results in a dead cap penalty of $920K again next year - when we're absolutely going to need it for Dahlin/Joki etc....

Reactions: majormajor

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I am surprised given the flat cap the league didn't allow teams one compliance buyout
The Flat Cap is for the players benefit in the short term, not the Owners. Most teams are likely taking it up the tailpipe financially for the next handful of years as they recoup losses.

Most Owners are going to probably be pretty stingy with buying players out, that they have to spend more money to replace.

Likely why Dubnyk/Rask appear to be safe from a buyout even though both deserve it.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I didn’t speak to Alzner myself. But someone I know and trust talked to him on the golf course and it seems the buy out will happen this year.
Could very well be . I believe someone on here was explaining the difference between buying him out this year or next was minimal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad