Who's favoured to win the Presidents Trophy?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
SJ is definitely the favorite, I find that teams who are developed through the draft (Saint John) primarily end up winning the president's cup rather than when teams just go out and buy up like 4-5 top players as mercenaries (Charlottetown).

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
SJ is definitely the favorite, I find that teams who are developed through the draft (Saint John) primarily end up winning the president's cup rather than when teams just go out and buy up like 4-5 top players as mercenaries (Charlottetown).

Umm...I mean Saint John wasn't exactly silent at the deadline.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Umm...I mean Saint John wasn't exactly silent at the deadline.

I didn't say that.

They returned largely the same core of players from last season that made the final 4, and that group has played together for years now.

Joseph, Smallman, Chabot, Zboril, Dove-McFalls, Highmore, Noel, Imama (only 2nd year), Webster and even Veleno.

And then on top of the that group they go out and Add Gauthier/Booth/Bourque who are top end players in their own right.

Where as a team like Charlottetown returned some guys but it's largely a mix of top players who they are hoping to jell together the way SJ has been already for 2 seasons + this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad