Who's blowing a 3-1 series lead?

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
You heard it here first.

The Toronto Maple Leafs will spontaneously cast off 57 years of bad mojo, come back to beat the Bruins in 7, and go on to win the Stanley Cup!
1714453556281.png

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Hard to say - I think some of the series will be done by the next game, but if I were to take a gander and put in a prediction, I would say the following...

1. Leafs. Now, I am saying this even though I am not a fan of the Leafs by any stretch. I actually highly dislike this current iteration of the team since Shanahan took over a decade ago....but I have watched enough games this season in frustration when somehow they come back from crazy odds. I may be in the minority here, but I don't think Boston has been so overpowering that the Leafs are out of it. They seem to find a way to claw back. I hope I am wrong, though.

2. Preds. Hard to say given that they blew that crazy lead, missed an empty net and lost in overtime. I just don't think the Canucks are as strong as their record indicates. Most of their success this year seems to have been front loaded at the beginning/mid season. By the tail end of the season, the Preds showed a lot of momentum and strength and the Canucks seemed like they were coasting a bit

Outside of those two, I don't see the Isles making a comeback at all. I think Colorado has hit its stride and firing on all cylinders now. And as an Oilers fan, but also seeing LA in the last number of years, I don't see them coming back at all. Edmonton seems to be more hungry for the wins and has a number of X-factors in play.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The main question is if Boston does somehow blow this are we looking at coaching change number 19. I think its fairly likely no matter who loses that series the coach of the losing team is not coming back

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
They stole 1 game.

Even game 3 where they generated no offense they got an early lead and played am excellent defensive game. Nashville didn't have many looks.

They also had game 2 stolen, so it evens out

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
The Canucks are lucky they haven't been swept with all these double standards.
Not sure why you are taking it so personally.
They've had 21 SOG game 1, 18 in game 2, 12 in game 3 and 21 in game 4.
Nashville has outshot Vancouver in 3 of the 4 games. It should be a legitimate concern for Nucks fans.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Nashville has outshot Vancouver in 3 of the 4 games. It should be a legitimate concern for Nucks fans.

As per NST, the Canucks are also 52.6% CF, 52.4% FF, 54.51% of XGF, 56.12% of SCF, and 57.69% of HDCF

It's not pretty but they're absolutely in control of the series.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

Never said it was personal either. Not even offended! If hockey was predictable the series would probably be 2-2 right now.

They don't ask how, they ask how many. I'm pumped the Canucks have a chance to close the series at home.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad