News Article: "Whole situation there is f--ed up"

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ok, let's not overgeneralize here.

He's one of the league's best scouts. He may be bad at other parts of the GM job, but he's still a respected hockey guy at the end of the day with years of experience in his role (the scouting role, not the GM role).

He's a SCOUT who was thrust into the role of GM. At least give the man credit for the good things he has done for the org before he was promoted.

It would also be nice to give the man a few years in his new job before carving him a new one.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It would also be nice to give the man a few years in his new job before carving him a new one.
We will have a few years. He's here for another 3 after this one.

As of now, it's been a tire fire. Doesn't even hold the respect of his players.

Not all on him, he has Melnyk as his boss. Well, he's basically a doormat or puppet so can't really blame him for the complete side show the Sens have become.

We both know neither will agree with each other's perspectives. We will respectfully disagree as we have since the topic has been relevant.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We will have a few years. He's here for another 3 after this one.

As of now, it's been a tire fire. Doesn't even hold the respect of his players.

Not all on him, he has Melnyk as his boss. Well, he's basically a doormat or puppet so can't really blame him for the complete side show the Sens have become.

We both know neither will agree with each other's perspectives. We will respectfully disagree as we have since the topic has been relevant.

Fair perspective, and yeah, we tend to agree to disagree on this issue. Man, I just want this all to be over with so everyone left can move forward cheering for the team.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Fair perspective, and yeah, we tend to agree to disagree on this issue. Man, I just want this all to be over with so everyone left can move forward cheering for the team.
I still cheer for the team, and will continue to.

It's just that, as I have been saying for the better part of a year, even before and during our fantastic run which was awesome to watch, I do not like where the team is headed. It's obviously worse now than I predicted, and will be worse in the future than I predicted.

Very hard to stay positive when this is happening, and there were precursors to this happening and the exact opposite of what should have been done was done.

Again, this is much worse than I thought it would be. I'm not in anyway saying that I predicted a fire sale and Melnyk trouble like this.

It gets even worse when you consider this is an onion. After every shitty layer that is peeled an even shittier later lays in its place until that's peeled, and so on and so on.

When it rains, it pours, and Orleans is sinking.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I still cheer for the team, and will continue to.

It's just that, as I have been saying for the better part of a year, even before and during our fantastic run which was awesome to watch, I do not like where the team is headed. It's obviously worse now than I predicted, and will be worse in the future than I predicted.

Very hard to stay positive when this is happening, and there were precursors to this happening and the exact opposite of what should have been done was done.

Again, this is much worse than I thought it would be. I'm not in anyway saying that I predicted a fire sale and Melnyk trouble like this.

It gets even worse when you consider this is an onion. After every ****ty layer that is peeled an even ****tier later lays in its place until that's peeled, and so on and so on.

When it rains, it pours, and Orleans is sinking.

I guess that I have been ok with most of the moves so I haven't been as upset, and I have avoid most of the EM stuff so I don't have the emotional involvement that most understandably have.

Mostly I care about the team on the ice and I was very happy last year, and not so much this year. I am on board with a rebuild/retool of sorts with a team built around Stone and Duchene, and excited about trades, I can't help it.

I'll say this, at first glance I don't want to trade EK to Tampa if they're not going to part players we want. Their picks are too high to be a factor.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
It would be so Melnyk to trade Karlsson with Ryan to lesser the return, then sell the team in the summer.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Huge respect to Karl for standing up and saying f u trade me after the way melnyk treated his friends and our fans.
I would do the same if I were him. Best of luck to him wherever he goes. Awesome guy.

More senators should demand trades till melnyk is gone.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Huge respect to Karl for standing up and saying f u trade me after the way melnyk treated his friends and our fans.
I would do the same if I were him. Best of luck to him wherever he goes. Awesome guy.

More senators should demand trades till melnyk is gone.

Actually, it sounds like he didn't want to stick around for a rebuild, and wants to play for a cap team so he can win a cup while he can still wield a stick. I can understand that, and unfortunately that is just not us right now.

I get that EM is a dick, but not for calling out fans for not attending the playoff games, that's on you and you deserve the criticism in my opinion. There is as much entitlement going on around here as there is being treated badly in my opinion.

Still, EM is not a wealthy owner, and that means we continue to have difficulty competing, much like we always have. A richer owner who stays out of hockey operations, and the media, would be best.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Actually, it sounds like he didn't want to stick around for a rebuild, and wants to play for a cap team so he can win a cup while he can still wield a stick. I can understand that, and unfortunately that is just not us right now.

I get that EM is a dick, but not for calling out fans for not attending the playoff games, that's on you and you deserve the criticism in my opinion. There is as much entitlement going on around here as there is being treated badly in my opinion.

Still, EM is not a wealthy owner, and that means we continue to have difficulty competing, much like we always have. A richer owner who stays out of hockey operations, and the media, would be best.

The only entitlement going around is the the idea that the fans should come in droves to get gouged in parking fees and watch a team that is terrible because the owner is unable or unwilling to run it any better than piss poor.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
So there was an article by Traikos in today's Ottawa Sun that obliquely mentioned Meth and had a picture of Meth and Karlsson as well, so there's your source confirmed.

Bulletclub

Feb 24, 2018
What team? A team that's been stripped apart?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The only entitlement going around is the the idea that the fans should come in droves to get gouged in parking fees and watch a team that is terrible because the owner is unable or unwilling to run it any better than piss poor.
To be fair Murray and crew kind of did a bad job with the money they were allowed to use resulting in all of these cost saving decisions.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
The way that rumours and innuendo are taken as fact on this board is mind boggling. However, the Internet is rampant with fake news, so I shouldn't be surprised to see it here either I suppose. :confused:

Reactions: Xspyrit

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Where's TNUOC or whatever the hell his name is now, spouting off about it's only HFBOARDS that hates Melnyk and that it isn't representative of the actual sentiment surrounding ownership?

Ex-players and an exploding gofundme campaign seem to say otherwise, but he didn't need any help making himself look ridiculous, I suppose lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad