who would you rather McDavid or Matthew's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Mathews will be an elite goal scorer but McDavid is the total package who could skate circles around him.

Realistically the only way to beat McDavid is to out possess him or play keep away because if he gets the puck you know where it's going to wind up.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Well if it's just the player then obviously McDavid.

But if we're talking directly in terms of where we are now vs. April 2015, Matthews.

If the Leafs won the lottery I'm worried they would've kept Kessel, tried to continue building on a rotten core to win while McDavid was still on his entry level deal.

Conversely, McDavid's so good he would have dragged any motley crew up the standings with his individual heroics.

Anyway, silly poll. McDavid's a hometown uber generational stud, Leafs fan, good kid. I don't doubt Matthews is great but we narrowly missed out on the dream right there. Hopefully he finds his way back home one day.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I hope we just have one of them. Theres a chance the leafs miss out on both. McDavid is ridiculously good, but Matthews can be an elite player. Sure, we might not have a Crosby type, but maybe we can have a Malkin type player.

Why is this poll even here? Its an obvious answer. The McDavid ship has sailed, deal with it; it's done.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Matthews will cost us nothing... McDavid would cost us all of our prospects and picks.... ;-)

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Who would leafs fans rather McDavid the Canadian leaf fab
OR Matthew's another american like Kessel here in the spotlight of hockey's mecca

OR another player

There both young phenols so it's all good.
I just wonder if the WWE head office of the nhl has an agenda

i had Matthews on par with Eichel, and both below McDavid

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
McDavid of course. He's just the better player. Nothing to do with their nationality. I couldn't care less that Matthews is American. If we're fortunate enough to get the 1st overall pick this upcoming draft, we'll take him and run.

Last edited:

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Connor hands down. If the NHL draft came up as the simulator I ran with Toronto 1st and Arizona 3rd, I'd be alright trading 1st for Strome and the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad