Who would you choose as the Sens MVP so far this season?

HoffmanIsGod68

Mar 1, 2015
Cornwall, Ontario
That's awfully ballsy to say when you've offered no opinion of your own

Well there's an obvious answer to this question, and it's #65, of course. Without him, we're looking at Tkachuk, Puljujarvi, Laine, or even Matthews next June.

It was shocking to see some suggest names such as Turris, Ryan, and Hoffman as our MVP this season.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Well there's an obvious answer to this question, and it's #65, of course. Without him, we're looking at Tkachuk, Puljujarvi, Laine, or even Matthews next June.

It was shocking to see some suggest names such as Turris, Ryan, and Hoffman as our MVP this season.

And, aside from the odd tongue in cheek suggestion or people placing him one behind Anderson, almost everyone agreed with that opinion.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Okay there bud.

Karlsson gets more ice time than anyone else on this team including the most PP time so I expect with his exceptional offensive ability to lead the team in pts. Unfortunately, because he plays so much he also makes a lot of defensive mistakes & is a nightly highlight reel of guys blowing past him. While he makes the odd good hit which the analysts love to show us he can also do occasionally & good defensive play IMO he is not a great two way defenceman but an excellent offensive defenceman.

Some on here have already explained why Turris & Stone are on their lists & those reasons apply to me placing them on my list & leaving Karlsson off. Anderson is first on my list because he has kept them in games while taking more shots than any other goalie in the league. The team is 3 pts out of first place mostly because of his play including bailing out the defence on a nightly basis which includes the golden boy & his turnovers. I bet the coaches & players agree that Anderson has been the MVP of this team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Karlsson gets more ice time than anyone else on this team including the most PP time so I expect with his exceptional offensive ability to lead the team in pts. Unfortunately, because he plays so much he also makes a lot of defensive mistakes & is a nightly highlight reel of guys blowing past him. While he makes the odd good hit which the analysts love to show us he can also do occasionally & good defensive play IMO he is not a great two way defenceman but an excellent offensive defenceman.

Some on here have already explained why Turris & Stone are on their lists & those reasons apply to me placing them on my list & leaving Karlsson off. Anderson is first on my list because he has kept them in games while taking more shots than any other goalie in the league. The team is 3 pts out of first place mostly because of his play including bailing out the defence on a nightly basis which includes the golden boy & his turnovers. I bet the coaches & players agree that Anderson has been the MVP of this team.
What about Zach S.

Kyle Johansen

Dec 30, 2015

If Karlsson got hurt 4 games into the season instead of MacArthur, the team is last in the league right now. The team has gotten destroyed this season when EK hasn't been on the ice. Anderson has been great, but the only reason his game-to-game workload isn't even greater is Erik Karlsson playing as much as he does at even strength.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I bet the coaches & players agree that Anderson has been the MVP of this team.
did you agree with the coaches picking Karlsson last year for the Norris in Bob McKenzie's poll? You only ever seem to focus on his points, but that's just a bi-product of what he brings to the team. He is great positionally, and makes few mistakes defensively, and is now dealing well with opponents taking advantage of his pivoting. He's still a little aggressive which is a balance he tries to find.

MVP is a tossup between Andy and EK, with Andy's job being able to be replicated by handful of other goalies in the league, while EK's job probably can't be replicated by anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad