Who Would Make Swedens Roster If There Was Olympics This Year?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Spinning around with this theme.

Bratt - Pettersson - Nylander
Forsberg - Zibanejad - Kempe
Elias Lindholm - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Höglander - W.Karksson - Nyquist

Brodin - Karlsson
Hedman - Rasmus Andersson
Dahlin - Forsling

Ullmark
Markström
Ersson

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You can argue other rosters are stronger BUT there is not one weakness here! Forwards are great, D is great, G is great.

10/10

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
You can argue other rosters are stronger BUT there is not one weakness here! Forwards are great, D is great, G is great.

10/10
Maybe should have included Adam Larsson, Jonas Brodin and Mattias Ekholm instead of Forsling, Lindholm and Andersson to get more stay-at-home power.

Im not sure about the Goalies. Its first season Ullmark is this good. Gustafsson is young and Markström have declined.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Maybe should have included Adam Larsson, Jonas Brodin and Mattias Ekholm instead of Forsling, Lindholm and Andersson to get more stay-at-home power.

Im not sure about the Goalies. Its first season Ullmark is this good. Gustafsson is young and Markström have declined.
So a Vezina finalist last season and a guy that just set a record for quickest wins to xxx (sorry forgot the number) this season are your 1-2? These are nice problems to have

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Very strong roster imo. I think our forwards are underrated, EP40, Willy, Bratt, Zibby etc is having a strong season, EEK is a favourite, like his playingstyle. D is insane, Ullmark Vezina like this year.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, Landeskog is never coming back. Thats for sure with the injury he has.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Right n0w

Forsberg - W.Karksson - Kempe
Arvidsson - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Elias Lindholm - Zibanejad - Järnkrok

Brodin - Karlsson
Dahlin - Forsling

Ullmark
Markström
Filip Gustavsson

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Soviet style:

Elias Pettersson - Mika Zibanejad - Jesper Bratt
Filip Forsberg - Elias Lindholm - William Nylander
Adrian Kempe - Mikael Backlund - Rickard Rakell
Leo Carlsson - Joel Eriksson Ek - Alexander Wennberg
William Karlsson

Hampus Lindholm - Erik Karlsson
Rasmus Dahlin - Mattias Ekholm
Victor Hedman - Rasmus Andersson
Gustav Forsling - Oliver Ekman Larsson
Jonas Brodin

Linus Ullmark
Jakob Markström
Jesper Wallstedt

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Soviet style:

Elias Pettersson - Mika Zibanejad - Jesper Bratt
Filip Forsberg - Elias Lindholm - William Nylander
Adrian Kempe - Mikael Backlund - Rickard Rakell
Leo Carlsson - Joel Eriksson Ek - Alexander Wennberg
William Karlsson

Hampus Lindholm - Erik Karlsson
Rasmus Dahlin - Mattias Ekholm
Victor Hedman - Rasmus Andersson
Gustav Forsling - Oliver Ekman Larsson
Jonas Brodin

Linus Ullmark
Jakob Markström
Jesper Wallstedt
weird ch0ices

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Right n0w

Forsberg - W.Karksson - Kempe
Arvidsson - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Elias Lindholm - Zibanejad - Järnkrok

Brodin - Karlsson
Dahlin - Forsling

Ullmark
Markström
Filip Gustavsson
Are you sure that Karksson is the 2nd line C - never heard of him actually...

• Haha

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
The biggest question would be is this the most handsome team in the tourney? Some real rockets coming out of Sweden.

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
I know people are saying how Sweden’s D-Core is the best in the tournament, but I don’t see much going for it. Yes, Hedman is still elite, but I don’t think Karlsson is that type of guy anymore.

Mo Seider and Dahlin are the best things about this roster. Other than that they have a couple of good shutdown guys in Brodin and Lindholm, before they have to turn to someone like Forsling. Give me Toews, Makar, Morrisey, Pietrangelo, Theodore and Pelech over them. Canadian depth is unprecedented. You’re still leaving guys like Power, Byram, Ekblad, Chabot, Doughty, Dobson, Hamilton, Montour, Chycurn and many others off the roster.

I’m not saying the Swedish D-Core isn’t good or that it isn’t the best on paper, but I don’t think they’re THAT much better than everyone else, especially when it comes to depth.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I know people are saying how Sweden’s D-Core is the best in the tournament, but I don’t see much going for it. Yes, Hedman is still elite, but I don’t think Karlsson is that type of guy anymore.

Mo Seider and Dahlin are the best things about this roster. Other than that they have a couple of good shutdown guys in Brodin and Lindholm, before they have to turn to someone like Forsling. Give me Toews, Makar, Morrisey, Pietrangelo, Theodore and Pelech over them. Canadian depth is unprecedented. You’re still leaving guys like Power, Byram, Ekblad, Chabot, Doughty, Dobson, Hamilton, Montour, Chycurn and many others off the roster.

I’m not saying the Swedish D-Core isn’t good or that it isn’t the best on paper, but I don’t think they’re THAT much better than everyone else, especially when it comes to depth.
Sweden is maybe not the deepest on defense, but you still need to leave out some decent defensemen:

EK65
Hedman
Dahlin
Lindholm
Brodin
Rasmus Andersson

——

Ekholm
Adam Larsson
Forsling
OEL (current version)
Marcus Pettersson
Klingberg
Sandin
Eric Gustafsson
(Kylington)

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
What fluid has f***ed up your tangents? :)
my parr0t chew 0n my keyb0ard butt0ns

How can u say EK is N0T elite when he won N0rris recent season ??

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Nucks2001

Jul 6, 2023
my parr0t chew 0n my keyb0ard butt0ns

How can u say EK is N0T elite when he won N0rris recent season ??

EK is still elite offensively, but his defensive side of the game has severely declined. You would need to shelter him with someone like a Brodin or Lindholm. I don’t think there’s a single a Canadian defencemen that needs to be sheltered, they’re all so well-rounded.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
EK is still elite offensively, but his defensive side of the game has severely declined. You would need to shelter him with someone like a Brodin or Lindholm. I don’t think there’s a single a Canadian defencemen that needs to be sheltered, they’re all so well-rounded.
why do shark fans and pens fans say he is not bad defensivly?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Hmm he just recently scored 100 points in one season and won the Norris? He was the only Sharks player not below +/- 0 at equal strength not counting empty netters.
He tilted the ice in favor for his team like no other player last season and he’s playing great now too. Saying he’s not elite is absolutely absurd. Dahlin is a far worse player in every aspect.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad