Who Would Make Germanys Roster If There Was Olympics This Year?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Reichel - Draisaitl - Peterka
Michaelis - Stützle - Kahun
Bokk - Sturm - Plachta
Rieder - Noebels - Kühnhackl
Ehliz

Hüttl - Seider
Brandt - Wissmann
M. Müller - Gawanke
J. Müller

Grubauer
Niederberger
Brückman

Probaly best team Germany ever...

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
Kahun - Draisaitl - Macek
Reichel - Stutzle - Peterka
Ehliz - Michaelis - Bokk
Rieder - Sturm - Kuhnhackl
Plachta,Noebels

M. Muller - Seider
J. Muller - Gawanke
Abeltshauser - Wissmann
Brandt - Huttl

Grubauer
Greiss
Niederberger

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Kahun - Draisaitl - Macek
Reichel - Stutzle - Peterka
Ehliz - Michaelis - Bokk
Rieder - Sturm - Kuhnhackl
Plachta,Noebels

M. Muller - Seider
J. Muller - Gawanke
Abeltshauser - Wissmann
Brandt - Huttl

Grubauer
Greiss
Niederberger
I dont think Macek wants to play for Germany. If he wants, then he would be a good add. He is a top player in KHL.

Levshunov

May 7, 2022
Minsk, Belarus
I dont think Macek wants to play for Germany. If he wants, then he would be a good add. He is a top player in KHL.
We need to ask people from Germany what kind of relationship he has with the hockey federation, a cool player by the standards of the KHL, I think he would come to a big tournament

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Reichel - Draisaitl - Peterka
Michaelis - Stützle - Kahun
Bokk - Sturm - Plachta
Ehliz

Hüttl - Seider
Brandt - Wissmann
M. Müller - Gawanke
J. Müller

Grubauer
Niederberger
Brückman

Probaly best team Germany ever...
Would they beat Sweden?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
We need to ask people from Germany what kind of relationship he has with the hockey federation, a cool player by the standards of the KHL, I think he would come to a big tournament
It has been said before it's unlikely he will play for Germany ever again. Maybe if he ever comes back to play to Germany but that in itself is also not all that likely.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The 1 and 2 C are all world. Same with the 1RD. Grubauer is about middle of the pack for best on best goalies (which is good) too!

Shame some guys haven't taken off or returned to Europe. Bokk, Reider and Kahun come to mind.

It's funny to me but Germany would be the perfect nation to combine with the Czechs - Drai, Stutz and Seider would be enough to make it a big 6 again IMO.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The 1 and 2 C are all world. Same with the 1RD. Grubauer is about middle of the pack for best on best goalies (which is good) too!

Shame some guys haven't taken off or returned to Europe. Bokk, Reider and Kahun come to mind.

It's funny to me but Germany would be the perfect nation to combine with the Czechs - Drai, Stutz and Seider would be enough to make it a big 6 again IMO.
Fair, but we have seen that a team can succeed despite not having NHL depth so long as their guys can skate with NHLers

Reactions: Czechboy

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
A dangerous team. But despite all the euphoria, you also have to acknowledge that Germany still hasn't filled a complete single line with NHL players. The 2nd Defender is still missing. ;)

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
A dangerous team. But despite all the euphoria, you also have to acknowledge that Germany still hasn't filled a complete single line with NHL players. The 2nd Defender is still missing. ;)
They have another Top 10 pick coming this summer that should change that

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
My mistake, I thought Reinbacher was German but he is Austrian. Disregard.

God, I wish he was. Love Reinbacher and hope he does well for whichever team ends up drafting him, and for Austrian hockey.

We have a few good defensemen and goalies coming, but not quite NHL level, so the defense in particular will likely remain suspect.
Gawanke should be good and solid for a while, Szuber (drafted as an overager by Arizona) is looking good, Hüttl has developed very well, so we should be alright when it comes to the World Championships.
But for a best-on-best tournament we really have to hope that a couple of the upcoming prospects really pan out. There are a few candidates that show promise, but they are only now entering the phase of their development that can give us a clearer view of what we might have in them. My biggest hope currently is Carlos Händel (2025 draft).

I wonder if we will ever have stretch of years with defensemen like Seidenberg, Ehrhoff, Schubert, Sulzer, Dietrich (RIP) and Holzer of NHL-level or near NHL-level calibre again.

It is really nice that Seider, Stützle, Peterka, Reichel and maybe Lutz would all play most of their careers together, but I hope we can continue to add to that group soon. The next couple of draft are not looking so hot, but 2025 could be a good one, but it is still a long way away.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

I've always thought a Germany-Switzerland combo would be fun. Josi and Seider would complement each other, and the Swiss forward depth also pairs well with the German star talent.

Reactions: Czechboy

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Draisaitl - Stützle - Kahun
Peterka - Reichel - Michaelis
Tiffels - Sturm - Plachta

Szuber- Seider
J. Müller - Wissmann
M. Müller - Gawanke