Speculation: Who Would Have Won - John Scott vs Steve McIntyre

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
If these two fought 10 times, my bet would be on Mac winning more than he lost. On the subject of 1 fight, when you're that big and hit that hard, anything can happen.

Anybody saying Mac wins easily 10 out of 10 times sounds like an amateur.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
LMAO always hated this, he knocked down a washed up 37 year old brashear.

Mac wasn't invincible, got destroyed by Godard and could barely handle a doped out Boogaard.

I agree with this. Brashear was way past his use by date, Boogaard was well a junkie and pretty well on his way to well we all know what happened there. These were huge guys who but not great fighters, like most of the monster enforcers they mostly relied on his size and strength to get the upper hand over powering guys to the ice or against the boards or using the reach to get a few from long range.

I always thought guys like Mac, Boogaard, Scott, etc look sloppy. They won a good majority of their fights but I never thought their fights were exciting, and was always predictable.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Scott could actually keep an NHL job as a fighter. Mac couldn't make the Oilers. The Oilers...

As much as you want to crown the gatekeeper, Mac was just that. Couldn't beat the tops guys. Scott is the top guy right now.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Interest stat comparison-

John Scott's total points for the 2014-15 season in tied MacIntyre's total career NHL points.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Scott could actually keep an NHL job as a fighter. Mac couldn't make the Oilers. The Oilers...

As much as you want to crown the gatekeeper, Mac was just that. Couldn't beat the tops guys. Scott is the top guy right now.

Mac couldn't cut in on the Oilers cause he was a terrible hockey player, as a fighter, he was the absolute class of the NHL. John Scott is not the top guy, he is and always will be a hug machine. I have to say Gazdic is the top guy right now.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Wrong. McGrattan is the champ and has been for a few years. He's the top guy right now (though, he's not currently in the NHL)

That title now goes to Gazdic or Peluso, I'd say.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Big Mac without a doubt.
Meaner and can actually fight.
John Scott is just so much bigger than everyone else, he wins his fights by default

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
This one just popped into my head. I'm sure these guys never met up (although a youtube video could end this discussion quickly, ha ha). Who would have won this fight? Opinions?

Big Mac.
John Scott is actually an awful fighter. He's just hard to hit because of his size. He doesn't really dole out much damage.
Big Mac, on the other hand is a psycho.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Godard didn't destroy him, he got in a lucky shot.

Out of respect and personal reasons, I don't want to speak about the Boogaard situation.

Give respect where respect is due. Godard nailed him with 4 hard punches in exactly the same spot, resulting in a KO and Big Mac leaking some oil
I don't think Godard is tougher or a better fighter than Big Mac but I know he won that fight from start to finish and fed Big Mac his lunch.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I like how people say getting tagged is the name of the game, yet bring up the few instances Scott lost a fight.

Scott's fight card is basically all w's but people want to sell him short. Not his fault most don't want to fight him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad