Speculation: Who Would Have Won - John Scott vs Steve McIntyre

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
Steve Mac. Guy is just a monster. Scott is huge but does not fight well for a guy his size.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LOL

Big Mac. He has the killer instinct. Scott just fights for a check.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Steve MacIntrye pretty easily imo.

He held back a lot in fights so as not to kill guys. Too nice of a tough guy. Poor Ivanans made him mad, and Mac just hulked out, and ate his soul.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Scott is the type of guy who would spend his whole career running from Macintyre if they had played against each other often. Macintyre easily, he can make elite fighters look ordinary

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Mac easily. John Scott isn't as tough as he looks.

he uses his reach or pushes other fights against the boards and capitalizes. Orr and Mclaren both beat him. As did the small guy on the Islanders.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
MacIntyre, for sure.

Scott would try to keep Macintyre out of his reach. MacIntyre would switch to southpaw; which Scott has difficulties with. It would be interesting to watch.

I do think that Scott does deserve more respect as a fighter. He's got good balance, and can throw hard and quick punches.

Being 6'8" as a fighter isn't easy. If you have poor balance; you automatically become mediocre. Steve McKenna, Joe Finley, and Riley Emmerson are examples of this.

member 147413

Scott is an awful fighter.

SteveMac would have destroyed him.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
he uses his reach or pushes other fights against the boards and capitalizes. Orr and Mclaren both beat him. As did the small guy on the Islanders.

Johnson if I remember correctly. I forget his first name. Scott isn't that good a fighter to begin with. For a guy so large he never really fought any of the real heavy weights who played during his career. I would have loved to see him fight McGrattan 2-3 years ago when McGrattan was on top.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Mac took Brashear easy, Mac was one of the toughest I have watched.

LMAO always hated this, he knocked down a washed up 37 year old brashear.

Mac wasn't invincible, got destroyed by Godard and could barely handle a doped out Boogaard.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
LMAO always hated this, he knocked down a washed up 37 year old brashear.

Mac wasn't invincible, got destroyed by Godard and could barely handle a doped out Boogaard.

Godard didn't destroy him, he got in a lucky shot.

Out of respect and personal reasons, I don't want to speak about the Boogaard situation.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Out of respect and personal reasons, I don't want to speak about the Boogaard situation.

And it didn't even slow Mac down. After that fight he decided to annihilate Letang for fun.

Everyone gets tagged, it's the nature of the game.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

He landed 4-5 unanswered shots, and the last one put him on queer street. There's no such thing as a lucky shot. I absolutely hate when people say that.

Also, i'd put McGrattan against him too.

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
Godard was, IMO, one of the more underrated HW's of the NHL. He had the ability to put down the biggest, baddest fighters of his era, on any given night. Trouble was he could go out a few games later and have an uninspired showing against somebody who had no business hanging with him.

To the OP, I would have my money on Big Mac.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad