Who will win the Rocket Richard in 2017-18?

Who will win the Rocket Richard in 2017-18?

• Alex Ovechkin

Votes: 75 54.7%
  • Sidney Crosby

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Auston Matthews

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Vladimir Tarasenko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brad Marchand

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Nikita Kucherov

Votes: 34 24.8%
  • Evgeni Malkin

• Patrick Kane

• Patrik Laine

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Steven Stamkos

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Jamie Benn

• Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You could write a program to answer this question, and start it off by asking if Ovechkin is in form.

The answer is yes, so he's going to win.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Sure why not Mathews? Missed by 4 goals as a rookie last year. Crosby more than likely trending down, Mathews more than likely trending up.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Sure why not Mathews? Missed by 4 goals as a rookie last year. Crosby more than likely trending down, Mathews more than likely trending up.
Because he's due for regression by virtue of some obscure reason.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

The simple answer is Ovechkin.

44 goals is not going to win you a Rocket most years, and Ovechkin is the biggest reason why. He’s a 50 goal scorer. When Ovechkin is in form, he consistently gives you that number. Like clockwork. So it seems likely that Matthews will not just need 4 more goals, because Ovechkin has come to play, and unlike Matthews there is no “he could be that one day” argument. We know what Ovechkin can do.

If I were a betting man, I’d put money on 50 goals happening this season, and Ovechkin is the guy who I’d expect to do it. In this league, he’s the only one you can really say that about.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The simple answer is Ovechkin.

44 goals is not going to win you a Rocket most years, and Ovechkin is the biggest reason why. He’s a 50 goal scorer. When Ovechkin is in form, he consistently gives you that number. Like clockwork. So it seems likely that Matthews will not just need 4 more goals, because Ovechkin has come to play, and unlike Matthews there is no “he could be that one day” argument. We know what Ovechkin can do.

If I were a betting man, I’d put money on 50 goals happening this season, and Ovechkin is the guy who I’d expect to do it. In this league, he’s the only one you can really say that about.
Age.... 32 this year only scored 33 last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad