Who will win the '05 lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
It's a bit early to ask, but we're here at the prospect bord :rolly:

All guys tell that Crosby will make the first spot in the draft, but i think his lack of size will hinder him to get the final spot finaly....

Who could give Crosby a run for his money at the '05 lottery???

Thnx :yo:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:

All guys tell that Crosby will make the first spot in the draft, but i think his lack of size will hinder him to get the final spot finaly....

Montreal definately IMO
he's a habs fan .. he's a fan favorite all around the quebec(ok also the canada but quebec see him more often).. I thought about what the habs could offers for the kid .. i ended up with :
1st pick 2005
1st pick 2006
Richard Zednik
Mathieu Garon
Andrei Markov
Mike Ribeiro
and probably a top prospect : Perezhogin,Hossa,Hainsey ...

I dunno if the other team will bite..
:D
:eek: imagine if the kids turn like a bust ...
im still very confident in him :p

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
Montreal definately IMO
he's a habs fan .. he's a fan favorite all around the quebec(ok also the canada but quebec see him more often).. I thought about what the habs could offers for the kid .. i ended up with :
1st pick 2005
1st pick 2006
Richard Zednik
Mathieu Garon
Andrei Markov
Mike Ribeiro
and probably a top prospect : Perezhogin,Hossa,Hainsey ...

I dunno if the other team will bite..
:D
:eek: imagine if the kids turn like a bust ...
im still very confident in him :p

I think he wants to know who could push Crosby to the 2nd selection.. Who would be the first pick if Crosby isn't.

dragonwyck

What's the over/under on how many more Crosby threads this kid starts between now and June 2005?

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:

There is no lack of size. He's just 16 since 5 months and is 10 pounds bigger than when he came to Rimouski. He can grow up et get bigger in 2 years. I'm pretty sure he will be near to 6'0 and 195.

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:

Gilbert Brule defineltely

Dutchy

Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, Québec, Ca
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:

Unless the army have been hiding a Gretsky clone for 16 years, no one!

leafaholix*

Kryoptix said:
Montreal definately IMO
he's a habs fan .. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...
Alex Ovechkin's a Leaf fan.

;)

Therefore, Ovechkin > Crosby.

(lie)

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:

I wouldn't worry about his size just yet. I was 6-1 at his age and wound up 6-4, so don't set that as his NHL size just yet. Besides, he's not a bruiser or anything, he's a scorer, so as long as he's solid enough to take the muggings he'll absorb with those stats there's no way he'll slip outta that top spot.

leafaholix*

Yeah, he'll grow.

Brent Burns was 5'9 at age 17 and is now 6'4 at age 18.

I was 5'4 at age 16 and 6'1 at age 18.

Size at 16 doesn't mean much.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Seven_Nation_Army said:
I hope to God the CBA gets fixed before this damned draft, so playoff teams don't get a chance to draft Crosby

Well from what Hull was saying on Sportscenter the other day (no way they'll accept a cap, owners are way off from what they'll accept, etc..) I'm not too optimistic about it....though I've gotta beleive they'll do something for the draft if it goes that far.

Then again, Hull is constantly spouting off ridiculous BS so who knows.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
b-mad said:
Well from what Hull was saying on Sportscenter the other day (no way they'll accept a cap, owners are way off from what they'll accept, etc..) I'm not too optimistic about it....though I've gotta beleive they'll do something for the draft if it goes that far.

Then again, Hull is constantly spouting off ridiculous BS so who knows.

I'm waiting and hoping for Stevens to shut Hull up permanently

leafaholix*

Wild GM said:
Actually, his favorite team is the Sharks.
His favourite team was the sharks because Owen Nolan used to play for the San Jose Sharks. He was sporting a fine Toronto Maple Leafs touque on a TSN special last year.

They asked him...

Q: "What is your favourite NHL team?"
A: "I like the San Jose Sharks because I really like the style Owen Nolan plays, I try to play like him."

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
"Q: What is your favorite NHL team and why?
A: San Jose. When the NHL was allowed to be seen in Russia we got a lot of Sharks games and I loved their logo. Since then I have followed the team and I liked some of the skilled players they had and I have continued to follow them."

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Marmax said:
Gilbert Brule defineltely

I think Brule might go in the first round but all indications are that Sid is a better prospect than the whole 04 first round and the whole 05 first round put together IMO. He's almost 2 years younger than Ovechkin and he's more than 6 months younger than Brule. So I don't see Brule catching up though I hear he's an excellent player in his own right. Also by the time the draft rolls around Sid will likely be well over 6' and 200 lbs. So the only size problem will be his adjusting to playing while bigger than average. (a luxury he's never had because he has always played against older guys)

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Crosbyfan said:
but all indications are that Sid is a better prospect than the whole 04 first round and the whole 05 first round put together IMO.

:lol: :joker: :lol: :joker: :lol:

There's a late-breaking contender for most ridiculous, homeristic post of the year.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Epsilon said:
:lol: :joker: :lol: :joker: :lol:

There's a late-breaking contender for most ridiculous, homeristic post of the year.

Thank-you, it also may prove to be inaccurate, After all, it's just my opinion and it doesn't mean any disrespect for the rest of the players. But I think its accurate, and not overstated, and certainly not ridiculous. I'm extrapolating from;

1.the popularly held belief that Sid is almost as good as Ovechkin, who is thought to be a once a decade player, even though Sid is almost 2 years younger
2. he's outscoring Mario's 16 year old records by more than 1.5 times even though he's only 2 months older than Mario was at the same point in the season (when the league was apparently more offensive/more run'n gun than trap)
3. his scoring is comparable to Gretzky's 16/17 year old season even though he's more than 6 months younger than Wayne was at the same point in the season (when the OHL was much more offensive than the "Q" is today)
4. his +- was top 5 in the "Q" when he left for WJC camp and he was leading the "Q" scoring by 20 points while the remainder of the top 10 were on average almost 3 1/2 years older.
5. I predicted a top 5 finish for him in "Q" scoring at the start of the season and that is starting to look a little "ridiculous".

Other than that, yeah I'm biased.

Crosbyfan

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Do you honestly think that NHL teams (who actually no what they are doing) would take Crosby over any two players from the 2004 draft, much less the entire first round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad