Who will Edmonton pick?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Everyone seems to think they will take Leon but I think Bennett is the third best in this draft and so by BPA rules I voted for Sam #2

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hope they pick Draisaitl, but Bennett is the better player.

This. Also because the likelihood of the Flames taking Draisatl is low as is, so if the Oilers take Bennett, the Flames probably end up with MDC.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
I only picked Draisaitl in the poll because I feel that's who the Oilers would consider BPA in the scenario where Ekblad and Reinhart are taken.. I really think that Reinhart goes #1 and Draisaitl #2, leaving EDM in a tough spot having to choose between Ekblad and Bennett, and they select the latter (reluctantly, of course.. knowing they're leaving us a beast of D prospect :naughty:)

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I think the drop off is after #3 so #4 isn't a great spot. But you never know, I'm sure the Preds weren't expecting to get Jones at 4 last year.

I think this whole "Oilers will pick Draisaitl" is just a big smoke screen. Why would they tip thei hand like that? But then again, it is the Oilers.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
I think the drop off is after #3 so #4 isn't a great spot. But you never know, I'm sure the Preds weren't expecting to get Jones at 4 last year.

I think this whole "Oilers will pick Draisaitl" is just a big smoke screen. Why would they tip thei hand like that? But then again, it is the Oilers.

Unless the Oilers happen to luck out and Reinhart falls to them, they need the combo of size and skill that Draisaitl brings.. they just can't afford to pass up on him if he's still on the board at #3. Personally, I don't think the Flames could go wrong with any of the top four.. I'm preparing for a "worst-case scenario" where we get "stuck" with either Bennett or Draisaitl.. hoping like hell everybody ahead of us takes the forwards and we're blessed with a stud D-man prospect like the Preds were last year..

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn't be upset one iota with Draisaitl, I really think he'll turn into a Kopitar style center and watching the Kings tonight, that would be pretty fantastic. Having wingers like Gaudreau, Sven and Granlund, Monahan and Draistiatl would be excellent compliments to them. Of course, I'd be equally as thrilled with Reinhart or Bennett, we really can't lose. I personally feel there's a top 4, then a very slight drop off with Dal Colle, Nylander and Ehlers, even Ritchie needs to be thought of as right for all his intangibles.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I wouldn't be upset one iota with Draisaitl, I really think he'll turn into a Kopitar style center and watching the Kings tonight, that would be pretty fantastic. Having wingers like Gaudreau, Sven and Granlund, Monahan and Draistiatl would be excellent compliments to them. Of course, I'd be equally as thrilled with Reinhart or Bennett, we really can't lose. I personally feel there's a top 4, then a very slight drop off with Dal Colle, Nylander and Ehlers, even Ritchie needs to be thought of as right for all his intangibles.

Ya, Draisaitl with our scoring wingers would be great. But I'd prefer one of the Sams. Almost everything Oiler scouts and management has said sounds like Draisaitl's their guy. I think he's the write choice for them anyways.

I see the draft like
Ekblad
Reinhart
Bennett
Draisaitl

Dal Colle

Nylander
Ritchie
Ehlers
Virtanen

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ya, Draisaitl with our scoring wingers would be great. But I'd prefer one of the Sams. Almost everything Oiler scouts and management has said sounds like Draisaitl's their guy. I think he's the write choice for them anyways.

I see the draft like
Ekblad
Reinhart
Bennett
Draisaitl

Dal Colle

Nylander
Ritchie
Ehlers
Virtanen

Yeah I agree. After thinking about this and every possible angle, I feel it's most likely that we end up drafting one of the Sam's.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00