Who will be the next Jacket to have the number retired ?

Who is going into the rafters ?

• #71 Nick Foligno

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • #38 Boone Jenner

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • #72 Sergei Bobrovsky

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • #8 Zach Werenski

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • #13 Cam Atkinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another player retired / playing somewhere else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another player on current roster

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Nobody in the near future

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think we'll see any based on players who have played on the Jackets before. But it would be right for Bob to have his number retired here. We had one of the best players in the league and it didn't seem like many folks here knew it.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I don't think we'll see any based on players who have played on the Jackets before. But it would be right for Bob to have his number retired here. We had one of the best players in the league and it didn't seem like many folks here knew it.

I'm a Bob defender and that is far too low a bar imo

Reactions: EspenK

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I just don't see them putting Bob in the rafters. I think Jenner is an easy answer though. He might not have the numbers Nash has, but he's been the heart of the club since his rookie season.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm a Bob defender and that is far too low a bar imo

Lol, I wonder what you think about the Chris Neil number retirement.

Either way, two Vezinas is a plenty high bar.

In the last year we've seen Lundqvist, Rinne, Kiprusoff, and Ryan Miller with number retirements.

I just don't see them putting Bob in the rafters. I think Jenner is an easy answer though. He might not have the numbers Nash has, but he's been the heart of the club since his rookie season.

That sounds good to me. You either do it based on personal achievements, in which case Bob is deserving, or based on long term dedication to the club, in which case Jenner is deserving.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think of guys whose numbers have been retired elsewhere. No current of former Jacket meets the standard that establishes in my mind. No SCs, No Hart winners, No Norris winners. No long term consistency. I'd rather wait rather than cheapen the honor.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
With how it ended with Bob, I don’t think it’ll happen. But he’s definitely deserving for his on ice success.

If we’re doing off ice stuff and what they meant Foligno should be considered. But he wasn’t a good enough player to do that for. But still, he should be honored in some way. Be it a role in the CBJ community like Tyutin does, or an ambassador, or maybe on the TV/radio broadcast.

Bob is the only debate here, but I personally don’t think any of it happens.

Reactions: ViD and CBJx614

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Bob has had the best career and the closest to meeting the bar set for a jersey retirement, even above Nash. It won’t happen now, though.

Foligno getting mentioned is absolute insanity. Same with Jenner. Atkinson is better than both, and still nowhere close.
Nobody on our team has been the best player at their position in the NHL, outside of Bob.

Fantilli or Jiricek are your best chance.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
With how it ended with Bob, I don’t think it’ll happen. But he’s definitely deserving for his on ice success.

If we’re doing off ice stuff and what they meant Foligno should be considered. But he wasn’t a good enough player to do that for. But still, he should be honored in some way. Be it a role in the CBJ community like Tyutin does, or an ambassador, or maybe on the TV/radio broadcast.

Bob is the only debate here, but I personally don’t think any of it happens.
I agree on you Foligno take. He was an excellent captain, excellent leader. To me those leadership qualities are something I’d like to see in the front office. It’s my view he’d be a better choice over Nash in his current role.

I also agree Bob is the only real choice, but I’m not sure that’ll happen. As wacky as it may sound, his best chance would be if he ended his career with another Vezina or Stanley Cup. It’s not uncommon for a player to see his name raised to the rafters when they’ve gotten a boost from success that builds their resume even if with another team

Last edited:

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
if this team becomes a contender in the next few years i could see werenski's number eventually getting retired, but as it stands it's hard to make a 'best player on a bad team' case for an oft-injured defenseman.

of the guys on that list, the only one that makes sense is bobrovsky. two vezinas, playoff sweep over tampa, true elite player at his position, stole games for the team.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad