Who will be the MVP of the WC tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
If Canada wins: Heatley. The guy's money on the international stage.

If US wins: Brett Hull. He's playing well in the exhibition games, and in a short tourney he could have a goal scoring burst.

If Czech Republic wins: Jagr. He's gonna need to be his dominant self. Close second to Vokoun.

If Finland wins: Whoever starts (Kipper or Lehtonen). To win, they're pretty much going to need outstanding goaltending.

If Germany wins: Kolzig (same reason as above).

If Russia wins: Oleg Petrov. Just kidding :) I'll go with Heatley's partner in crime, Kovalchuk.

If Slovakia wins: Chara. It's hard for a defenseman to win the MVP award, but if he can help overcome his team's disadvantage in goal, he has a chance.

If Sweden wins: Sundin. He's clutch.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
jtuzzi21 said:
I vote Henrik Sedin.
Except my pick is likely because I beleive Team Canada will win, and your pick is unlikely because the Sedins are the. well the Sedins and I don't think the Swedes are going to get very far at all.

Joker. :cry:

QuickDynamite

Jul 3, 2004
Abu Dhabi
Canada: Dany Heatley
Germany: Olaf Kolzig (fat chance)
Czech Republic: Tomas Vokoun
Finland: Saku Koivu
Russia: Ilya Kovalchuk
Slovakia: Marian Hossa
Sweden: Markus Naslund
United States: Ty Conklin

QuickDynamite

Jul 3, 2004
Abu Dhabi
Dan Galvin said:
I'll be shocked if Conklin even plays.

Why is that? He's played excellent with the Oilers this year and was the best goalie at the WHC. He's looked solid in the exhibition games.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't know the US had Esche. I'll say Hull for the US.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Im going to say Saku Koivu.

He always steps it up for Finland in international tournaments, and if Finland can get to the final, its going to be him leading the charge.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
If Canada wins it could anyone from Iggy, Sakic, Lemieux, Lecavilier or Heatley. I'm going to bet on Heatley b/c the way he performed at the World Championships a few months ago and usually there is one player that breaks out at the canada/world cups or olympics. in salt lake is was Iggy, its Heatley's turn and after this he will become in top 3 in the NHL (he would have been last year if the accident never occurred and he played the entire season healthy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad