Speculation: Who will be the first player traded?

Who will be the first player traded?

• Jordan Staal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jordan Martinook

• Ryan Dzingel

• Nino Niederreiter

• Andrei Svechnikov

• Erik Haula

• Teuvo Teravainen

• Jaccob Slavin

• Dougie Hamilton

• Brett Pesce

• Jake Gardiner

• Petr Mrazek

• Total voters

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bishop played well and Wallmark seems like a good guy to toss into a deadline deal along with a pick or two.

But honestly this is like throwing darts. McGinn’s probably a better answer but I didn’t think hard about this.

Reactions: Unsustainable

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I put in Edmundson, mainly due to the fact that if Fleury or any one of the loaded Checkers squad over-performs, they may be able to get some decent-to-good pick for him during the year. I think TVR is going to be extended for a short-term contract, maybe 2 years or so, since Priskie's waivers-exempt for three seasons and shouldn't just have a job handed to him.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
You beat me to it you #*$(&%^)(
giphy.gif

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I put in Edmundson, mainly due to the fact that if Fleury or any one of the loaded Checkers squad over-performs, they may be able to get some decent-to-good pick for him during the year. I think TVR is going to be extended for a short-term contract, maybe 2 years or so, since Priskie's waivers-exempt for three seasons and shouldn't just have a job handed to him.

This is pretty much my logic for the same pick. I think one of the Checkers defensemen steps up and Edmundson goes somewhere at the deadline as a pending UFA for a pick and to make cap space for a different move.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I think that one or both of McGinn and Martinook are going to be sign-and-traded in the offseason if their contract demands are too much. Dark horse for this treatment is Hamilton if the same impasse occurs and if they find a way to improve elsewhere on the roster (Maybe a Labanc or Nylander trade? Surprise Torey Krug signing? Who knows?).

Reactions: Unsustainable

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If another team has a goalie go down, Reimer might be an interesting option for them, while we have Ned in waiting in the wing and cap issues that would make moving on from Reimer's salary pretty desirable.

Columbus is counting on 2 inexperienced backups for goalies this season. Maybe they dont work out and they want a better option.

Reactions: Hockyluv21

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Columbus is counting on 2 inexperienced backups for goalies this season. Maybe they dont work out and they want a better option.

I don't think that the Canes trade Reimer unless his performance rebounds enough that someone is willing to give up a draft pick for him rather than the other way around. I think that's more likely this offseason.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Agreed, I'd think Rod would want to keep Edmundson for the Playoffs and deal TVR (assuming Fleury develops into a reliable 3rd pair option).

Rod may, but I don't think the rest of the Borg would, especially Tulsky and Waddell. I personally bet that TVR gets a (very) short-term extension and Edmundson is the potential trade bait to Winnipeg in the event of over-performing youth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad