Who will be the "fastest skater?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Quarter*

I think Konstantin Koltsov is the fastest player in the league and should've been named to that all rookie team.

Wild Bill

Jul 6, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
jimmy page said:
I think Konstantin Koltsov is the fastest player in the league and should've been named to that all rookie team.
I second that. The times I've seen him play he's looked very good with the puck, an agile skater with that crazy fast extra gear...man, he has to be here for the fastest competition.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Koltsov is the only guy I know that can be the first guy up on the forecheck and be the first guy back on the backcheck in the same play.

Hammerwise

Jun 13, 2002
Visit site
SOme of those competitions are quite difficult to call.
In fact in the AHL All Star Game a few years back, defenseman Jean Luc Grand Pierre won it against all these small speedsters. Now hes a semi-tough guy, who has been moved to the wing, but where did that speed come from/go to?

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I too am really surprised to see that Koltsov didn't make the young stars game. I definitely thought that he'd get a spot.

Who are teh goalies for teh young stars game?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Mountie said:
Who are teh goalies for teh young stars game?

Raycroft(East) and Sauve(West)

Koltsov should have made the team, he's been great but he's about as entertaining to watch as they get without...you know...being Mario Lemieux or Wayne Gretzky...

HockeyMan9

Jul 1, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Hammerwise said:
SOme of those competitions are quite difficult to call.
In fact in the AHL All Star Game a few years back, defenseman Jean Luc Grand Pierre won it against all these small speedsters. Now hes a semi-tough guy, who has been moved to the wing, but where did that speed come from/go to?

Jean-Luc won it during the Blue Jackets Skills comp the only year they did it, but Sanderson didn't participate, he probly would have one it.

No Quarter*

slyc said:
How about Rico Fata?

Fata is in the top 5 but Koltsov in my opinion is #1 all by himself.
Chimera and St. louis can flat out fly also, but Koltsov has speed and quickness like ex Calgary Flame of the 80's Hakin Loob.

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
sharkyz15 said:
This Year Its Going To Be Patrick Marleau

Callin It

ron wilson mentioned that marleau is likely to sit out the fastest skater competition because he is still nursing his ankle injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad