SHL: Who will be the best foreigners signing this season?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Who will be the best foreigners signing this season?

I think Jeff Taffe will explode, i had some doubt about his play on bigger rink but damn he looks good. Travis Roche is a sure bet, he was brilliant everywhere in Europe he played.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Well, since it seems that Savinainen will stay all season id say him for sure. He looks crazy good the few games he played. Tomi Sallinen is another one. Won't produce 35+ points but what a player overall.

Jakub Klepis is very good signing.

Nick Johnson looks very good too. There is a lot of interesting foreigners this season.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Well, since it seems that Savinainen will stay all season id say him for sure. He looks crazy good the few games he played. Tomi Sallinen is another one. Won't produce 35+ points but what a player overall.

Jakub Klepis is very good signing.

Nick Johnson looks very good too. There is a lot of interesting foreigners this season.

I feel Jakub Vrana will have a big season too. I'm starting to wonder if NA players are really all made for SHL. I know about Holloway and co. but some serious missed last season.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Did Taffe get out of his mind? 25min of PIM in one game? What happened? I had seen the highlights but no words about what happened, fight?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Family reasons.

Ok thanks ! I couldn't find any articles !

I wonder if any NHL UFA left could sign in SHL (and not the $$ of KHL) like Doug Murray, Tallinder (if no contract after tryout), or Joakim Lindstrom if he do like he did when he played for Colorado, or even guys like Loktionov or Penner???

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Ok thanks ! I couldn't find any articles !

I wonder if any NHL UFA left could sign in SHL (and not the $$ of KHL) like Doug Murray, Tallinder (if no contract after tryout), or Joakim Lindstrom if he do like he did when he played for Colorado, or even guys like Loktionov or Penner???

Lindström goes back to Skellefteå if he fails to make Blues (which I doubt) and clears waivers.
Bellemare goes back to Skellefteå if he fails to make the Flyers and it seems he'll get stuck in the AHL.

I think Kolarik will be the best foreinger in the league this year (and the best player overall) but of those signing this year I'm guessing Lehkonen.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Lindström goes back to Skellefteå if he fails to make Blues (which I doubt) and clears waivers.
Bellemare goes back to Skellefteå if he fails to make the Flyers and it seems he'll get stuck in the AHL.

I think Kolarik will be the best foreinger in the league this year (and the best player overall) but of those signing this year I'm guessing Lehkonen.

Lindstrom will have to battle with Mueller, Paajarvi, Jaskin, Rattie. It's not a sure bet. As for Bellemare i seem him fit very well with the flyers !

Wonder what Doug Murray will, do, still no PTO right now...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Lindstrom will have to battle with Mueller, Paajarvi, Jaskin, Rattie. It's not a sure bet. As for Bellemare i seem him fit very well with the flyers !

Wonder what Doug Murray will, do, still no PTO right now...

Murray is pretty much screwed, he can barely get around the small ice rink - he would get killed in the SHL too. Maybe as a #6 D, but I doubt he wants a salary that reflects it. It would also take time to get him into game shape. Can't even imagine DIF being very interested in that.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Can't even imagine DIF being very interested in that.
While I agree with you in general, I'll not rule out the possibility that Murray signs with DIF. They seem to like his character, despite him being a complete pylon these days

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
While I agree with you in general, I'll not rule out the possibility that Murray signs with DIF. They seem to like his character, despite him being a complete pylon these days

I would add Tallinder, not sure he will crack the Leafs roster, and i'm not sure he's willing to play in AHL.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Andrew Calof might not end up the best foreigner this season but he's the front runner for the most bang for the buck. Love this kid, probably our best forward so far.

3830742.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad