Olympics: Who will be Team Canada's Captain?

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
A real question? After this?

crosby.jpg

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
A real question? After this?

crosby.jpg

So, he because he scored the winning goal he should be Captain? What if Thorton had scored it should he then be Captain. What about the fact that he was invisble through the rest of the tournament? No doubt Crosby is one of the best players in the world and if choosen isn't a bad selection as there really in no bad selection reguardless of the player choosen due to the players on team Canada. But just because your the best player(offensive) doesn't mean you should instantly be captian. Nor does it mean that you are a great leader.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
It seems a lot of people are forgetting that Crosby wore an 'A' during a few games in the 2010 Olympics. This was Team Canada setting up him getting the 'C' in 2014 I believe.

In 2010
Niedermeyer 'C'
Pronger 'A'
Iginla 'A'
Crosby 'A'

In 2014
Crosby 'C'
Toews 'A'
Weber 'A'

If Crosby happens to be out with an injury, Toews will get the 'C'

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

It'll be a mistake if it isn't Crosby.

I agree. Crosby is the best player in the NHL and the face of Canadian hockey (even though he plays in the US). He deserves to be the captain most.

Bar Down

Bar Mexico
Jan 28, 2013
Beneath PPG Paints
It's close. Based on the experience and being the one to get the Golden goal in 2010, Sid should get the nod. Besides the fact that he's been the long-time captain of a perennial playoff team has won a cup, he's seen it all firsthand and was not to be denied in the clutch. Without that golden goal though, I would go with Toews.

However if Niedermayer were still around, he would be the obvious choice. Gold winning captain > Golden goal scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: